Hypothetical drone use question…

AT Hiker

Spin off the cell cam thread.

What about drones? Say your flying a drone over the back forty and spot big Hank chasing a doe…do you go after him?

For the record, no clue if it's legal in TN. I do know any aerial scouting is illegal in WY, flying and hunting the same day in MT is illegal. I'm sure other states have the similar laws.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Spin off the cell cam thread.

What about drones? Say your flying a drone over the back forty and spot big Hank chasing a doe…do you go after him?

For the record, no clue if it's legal in TN. I do know any aerial scouting is illegal in WY, flying and hunting the same day in MT is illegal. I'm sure other states have the similar laws.
You must have missed my post in the one about cell cams.

Drones would be illegal.

UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles) cannot be used to hunt any wildlife.

backyardtndeer

If I am gonna go, I am going to go regardless of what a drone might show. Chances are with our small place that by the time I got there the action would be over anyway. The use of a drone for getting a better picture of the area would interest me, but would not take off after a deer because of something I saw on a drone.

AT Hiker

Yeah, I missed that post, but hypothetically it were legal....

I have a few places where a drone would for sure up the ante. Especially rifle hunting. I suppose the same could be said using two way radios and your "spotter" is in one spot and radios you to hurry over...

I suppose DA could have some tannerite attached to the drone and crash it into the herd. He would get his 3 day limit.

7mm08

Yeah, I missed that post, but hypothetically it were legal....

I have a few places where a drone would for sure up the ante. Especially rifle hunting. I suppose the same could be said using two way radios and your "spotter" is in one spot and radios you to hurry over...

I suppose DA could have some tannerite attached to the drone and crash it into the herd. He would get his 3 day limit.
DON'T give him any ideas!