hunting from a boat

justonebuck

So Im rather new at duck hunting from a boat, and I am noticing it is very hard to get ducks to decoy, let alone cup the wings and try to land. We have a blind that surrounds the boat, yet the ducks seem to not be fooled at all. Anyone else have these problems? Should I find a place to park the boat and just hunt from shore? Would love to find a way to shoot some ducks!

tophat

Try to blend in your boat with the area u are in.I also hunt close to the bank with my setup and can camo it better that way also.Hope this helps

JThuntsalot

I had an 18ft war eagle with an Avery pop up. where ever I was setting up I would go to the bank and pull and cut as much vines, grasses and so forth to attach to the sides to get it to blind in with the sorrounding i would also try to set up under branches and so forth when hunting in timber, to try and break up the outline of the boat. with doing that never really had a problem. Also would make sure the top was pulled all the way down and had camo to go where noone was sitting to cover up the big holes. It is all about getting and creating the best concealment you can.

Latest posts