Hunting Boots

buckbstr_1

Looking to buy a new pair of boots. What is the best all around hunting boot for the money.

FULLDRAWXX75

Depends on what you call all round? terrain/temp./etc have a ton to do with picking the proper boot.

I have several different pairs of boots for various conditions and temp. ranges

FDXX75

TheLBLman

FULLDRAWXX75 said:
Depends on what you call all round? terrain/temp./etc have a ton to do with picking the proper boot.

I have several different pairs of boots for various conditions and temp. ranges
Exactly.

Different boots are better for different applications, and different types of hunting.

For leather boots, mainly hiking, my preference is the Meindl brand. But they have non-insulated "Perfect" hikers, "Perfect" hunters, "Alaskan" hikers (much tougher & stiffer), as well as insulated leather hunting boots. No one version is ideal for everything.

For snake boots, and these are no longer available (why I bought another new pair when I found out), I have some Irish Setters that are almost as light and comfortable as my Meindl Perfect Hikers.

For most of my actual deer hunting, which is hunting from a stand, I wear rubber boots. Last couple of years, I've been very happy with a pair of Muck FieldBlazers for warmer weather, and Muck Woody Max for colder weather. Some of my deer hunting is in swamplands, and I sometimes deer hunt wearing chest waders.

But year round, I spend more time "scouting" via "hiking" as part of my "hunting", finding seasonal weather & terrain determining which boots to wear.

OK, what if you were only going to have one pair of outdoor boots? I'd probably go with a pair of heavy-duty insulated (say 800 grams) LaCrosse full-rubber boots because they are very durable (for scouting) while the Muck boots are not. Might not like insulated boots in warmer weather, but better than non-insulated in cold weather.

You really need more than one pair of hunting boots, especially if you consider scouting part of your hunting and do much hunting. Also, I never wear in the truck, the boots that I wear on a deer stand (pick up smelly oil/fuel particles from the floorboard).

BlountArrow

Air Jordans.
Yeah tough to answer. If I'm doing a lot of walking i like a leather/upland boot uninsulated. That's just me and I have hot feet. Otherwise, less walking, I'm a lacrosse rubber boot man. I guess I'm talking deer hunting mainly here.

PickettSFHunter

For me, deer hunting, I love my Danners for walk-in a long way kind of hunting that I normally do. I can wear them all deer season no matter the weather. For easier places to get to I love my Muck Woody Max but only if its colder or I burn up.

Mr. Hawk

I love my miendl perfect hikers for all weather down to 36 degrees or so then I switch to danner pronghorns

TheLBLman

I probably spend more of my actual deer hunting time wearing the Woody Max than any other boot, but they are not very durable for scouting purposes.

Mr. Hawk said:
I love my miendl perfect hikers for all weather down to 36 degrees or so then I switch to danner pronghorns
I love my Meindl Perfect Hikers for all weather down to 36 degrees or so then I switch to Meindl Alaskan Hikers. :)

Rubberduck270

scn said:
I'm in my Muck Woody Max the majority of the time. Gator N Buck on here can hook you up with a deal on them.
Money well spent. Great guy to deal with too.

They might be a little too warm for bow season but for the rest of the year that's what I'm wearing.

MattZ9

Muck are aweaome. Have various styles and are the most comfy boots I've ever worn. Getting a new pair next week

bbuck14

Wes Parrish said:
I probably spend more of my actual deer hunting time wearing the Woody Max than any other boot, but they are not very durable for scouting purposes.

They sure ain't.

Latest posts