Hunting at Fort Campbell

Lis

Good morning,
By any chance anyone ever hunted Fort Campbell in the past?
and if so, how was it?

sisko

I have hunted it a few times. I have yet to bag a deer there, but I seen the biggest buck of my life there. After seeing that buck I upgraded to a "non patch & ball" muzzleloader.

Donk

I use to hunt there,but it's been 25yrs ago.It's a bang up place,but areal hassle to hunt there.Use to be you had to call in on Mon or Tue and get a line # and ask what areas were going to be open,Then you called back late thur or early Fri and tell them your line # to see if you had got drawn.Then drive up there Fri afternoon to get your Permit to hunt Saturday,after the hunt had to drive back to the check station and turn the permit back in.OH NO ,dont you dare drive home without turning that permit back in .Place has got some heavy duty brusiers in there.Killed my first deer up there.Oh yea,you have to purchase a permit from them now .A GW should be able to steer you in the right direction. Was at one time shotgun slugs or archery only,but that has changed too.

44fanatic

R.I.P.
Link will take you to the Campbell web site:
http://www.fortcampbellmwr.com/Recreati ... ngFishing/

Need to get registered with Fort Campbell, will need hunting license and hunters safety card.
Once you get registered, they have a call in system for reserving areas...I think you can reserve 48 hours out. If you are in luck, you will get the area you want.

If your weapon is not registered on post, do not take it through any of the gates. The MWR/Outdoor reck can be accessed of of hwy 374/101st Parkway

taking my ML to the range this weekend to make sure its ready for the Campbell opener.

WTM

thanks for the link. seems like a lot of trouble but after looking at the deer killed bordering the south impact area, makes me kinda want to hunt there.

tnrick

used to hunt there some. also about 25 yr ago.was sometimes a hassle.hard to get through when you had to call in.but saw some really big bucks checked in.

WTM

renegade50 said:
mutant spikes and spotted fawns is all there is on ftcky

hahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!

i like mutant spikes and spotted fawns!! but after looking in the trophy room.......i was born, just not yesterday!!! lol

the only drawback for me anyways, is after getting an area, driving up there and back to get the assignment, then going back on the day of the hunt.

Latest posts