Hunter's Friend

UTGrad

I saw that I can buy my bow from this website and they will put on the accessories and tune it to my specs. Have y'all ordered from them before? I shot the Bear Lights Out at BPS and my draw length is 29", so would it be safe to buy the same bow from their website without shooting it?

m_allison71

2-Step Enabled
stik said:
internet shopping is what is killing all the pro shops.

Bad attitudes and poor service aren't helping. Plus there is so much information that is easy to get, people are learning to do a lot of bow work themselves making, it easier to shop for the best price. I don't believe it's the shopping alone on the internet.

Radar

I'd recommend going to proshops for those who need help with their setup . I shop online for used bows and new accessories , but I have been doing my own setup since I started bowhunting .
I started doing my own setup because the proshop didn't set my centershot or nock location correctly . I corrected it on my own , and learned from there .

JayMc

UTGrad - an internet shop can't watch how you use your release to see if you're better off with or w/out a loop, if you need nocks inside your loop, etc. An internet shop can't set your peep height for you and tie it in to where you know you have a good anchor. If they tie it in high or low you'll be going to another shop to have it adjusted.

Not telling you what to do, just sharing a risk that I've experienced.

stik

m_allison71 said:
stik said:
internet shopping is what is killing all the pro shops.

Bad attitudes and poor service aren't helping. Plus there is so much information that is easy to get, people are learning to do a lot of bow work themselves making, it easier to shop for the best price. I don't believe it's the shopping alone on the internet.

agreed its not the internet alone but we watched as customer after customer came in to eagles wings, figured out what they wanted, and went home and ordered online. eagles wings is now out of business. :(

username

Not to mention, that most pro shops will continue to work on and make minor adjustments at no charge on a bow you purchased from them. Or at least mine has.

Radar

Dickson Sportsman's Store is a good place to get setup right . I have never bought a bow there , but I know several others who said they were satisfied with their level of service .
They are the only proshop that spin tested my broadheads when they cut arrows

586 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055-2538
Contact Phone: (615) 446-5505

username

They are good folks Radar.

I'm not sure who there bow tech is now as I havent had any work done in a long time. Thomas was very good but I think he left there. Rick (the owner) is also very sharp.

plinker22

JayMc said:
UTGrad - you should go to Radar's for an afternoon ;)

Take him up on the offer UTGrad. Even if you don't get a bow, I bet you will leave with a couple of years of experience. Not everyone gets these offers. For example, Radar has never invited me over. :)

Latest posts