Huge Body TN Buck

AT Hiker

This is a buck I just finished, he had a 21" meat measurement behind his ears. That is big for a buck but huge for TN, it was killed in Montgomery Co, the rack is nice too. Its a semi-upright Ohio Taxidermy Supply form with eppley eyes.

I started using a new technique of eye rotation, I really like it and brings about more life to the deer.

Here is the other side, basically the pose has him turned right and I made his eyes look right as well. I have another one I will be finishing up soon and he is posed left but looking right, its a really cool look.

TX300mag

Wow! Very impressive work! Are those the higher detail acrylic eyes? I can't tell on my phone.

I can't wait to try an OT form. I have a 10 pointer I killed in Ohio in 2013 that I'm saving for one when I come up with a good cape-I also need to try or with earliners first as well.

That will be one happy customer, AT Hiker!

AT Hiker

I used Eppley earliners as well and sculpted my ear butts with clay.

Actually the eppley eyes are less than $10, they are plastic so you have to be EXTREMELY careful with them. Next to the Original Meder eye ($20+) they are the most realistic and have the ideal corneal bulge of any eye on the market. Actually a couple of World Show whitetail winners have used this eye. I guess because they are plastic and digitally printed they can produce them cheaper.

TX300mag

I pulled the pics up on my computer, even better! Nictating membranes are a nice touch, too.

I've played with the TrueEyes (don't remember which models) from OTS and have actually seen why you use a plastic modeling tool. :D

AT Hiker

TX300mag":2rwp92jf said:
I pulled the pics up on my computer, even better! Nictating membranes are a nice touch, too.

I've played with the TrueEyes (don't remember which models) from OTS and have actually seen why you use a plastic modeling tool. :D

I actually made those nics out of a plastic lid to a coffee container, a little tip for you to try next time!

I like the OTS comp eyes, allows you to show as much white as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

1shot1kill":3bavcp72 said:
Dang AT excellent work! That's bout as real as it gets right there

Thank you! There are some technical things that could be tweaked a little bit for competition purposes but for commercial work and for customers mount I am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts