HR 127 and Muzzleloaders

Wobblyshot1

This is from the April "Muzzle Blast" which is the magazine of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association. You think that old TC Hawken you drag out and shoot on a rare occasion would be exempt....think again.

"Greetings Fellow NMLRA Members, As we are entering Spring and the opportunities to shoot, rendezvous and enjoy the outdoors are increasing daily, I hope that NMLRA Events are on your calendar. We are busy preparing for the National Spring Shoot and other events are winding up too. Missouri, North Carolina and Alabama have Territorial Matches this month and the myriad of planned events at the Walter Cline Range is continuously expanding. This month, I want to educate each of you on some challenges that we face. The 2020 elections changed the dynamic in Washington and now we see a slew of new gun control measures proposed in Congress. While the NMLRA has not yet taken an official position on any of these, I want to encourage you to research what is being proposed and take action. There are many bills that would impact everything from the right to own modern sporting rifles to creating additional hurdles to purchase ammunition and black powder. The most egregious of all is what is proposed under H.R. 127. It is the most sweeping overreach in US History. This bill includes many provisions but among them are these: • H.R. 127 would require the federal government to register some 400 million guns in the span of only 3 months. This would include antiques. • H.R. 127 would ban common types of ammunition, including every shotgun shell larger than .410. • Would require a license to possess any firearm (including black powder and antique) and licenses would only be available to those aged 21 or older. • License applicants (and even other members of their household, as directed) would also have to undergo a psychological evaluation at their own expense. • Anyone who had been hospitalized with a "brain disease" would be ineligible for a license, including those suffering from brain cancer, epilepsy, and Parkinson's disease. r.• It would require the holder of a firearm license to pay a tax (masquerading as government-issued "insurance") of $800 per year • The owner of one matchlock, kept for display only, would still have to be licensed and pay the "tax". This is just a small part of what is in H.R. 127. There are several other bills that include different infringements on your rights. I am encouraging you as individuals to get involved and oppose these laws. In closing, I just want to remind everyone to stay safe and always be on the lookout for opportunities to tell a friend or prospective member about the NMLRA Good Shooting, Jeff Cunningham, President"

Latest posts