How's your season so far

Stykbow

My season has sucked! I haven't even been able to go yet. I'm living vicariously through everybody's posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

Been going since the weekend before (early wma hunt) have been on about 15 hunts over 9 different days and seen deer maybe half of the time, shot 3 does, seen a few young bucks but nothing over 2.5 or of interest. Still going after the does but keeping eye out for buck sign and saving a couple of good spots for the rut. I'd say season is going great so far.

RollTide88

Been out 3 times. Just got a glimpse of one doe after she busted me from behind me tree. Hitting Percy priest again in the afternoon. Several piles of droppings within 35 yards or so from my tree so I know they are still coming through.

easy45

Pretty crappy, haven't seen a deer since opening weekend and one of the two farms I had is in limbo so I'm not getting to hunt it, just so happens it was the better of my two places by s very wide margin

Bodine270

Yesterday morning was the first hunt of the season for me. Got busted by a doe that came up behind my tree. Just saw four does across a cut bean field. Hoping they circle around my way. No shots yet but 2-2 on seeing deer.

Mike Belt

3 trips and I've seen 14 deer (4 bucks) with only 1 shot presented and that was at a fawn. I didn't take it. Where I hunt I consider only 1 of those hunts decent.

muddyboots

Evenings around cut corn are as best or better than I have ever seen. Mornings typical of early season here are pretty much a waste. When acorns start to fall good mornings will pick up which is usually near the 15th here.

lightsareout

Got a 7 point buck my first sit (1 hr in) haven't seen anything since; hunting public land. But so far ahead of this time last year thats for sure.

Dbllunger

Didn't see anything opening day but killed a good Doe Tuesday afternoon. Had three sits since then and have seen does every time. No buck sightings yet. I would say a decent first week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bone Collector

Ok. I ended up seeing 2 deer Friday night and killed the doe. the other was a basket rack 6.

I am 1 for 4 on hunts. got skunked again this morning, but thought we would we tried something different just to see and we saw... nothing that is. Been way slower than last year, but alas i have meat in the freezer.

MXB 400

Counting the deer I saw this morning I've only seen 7 6 does and 1 buck just been in the right spot at the right time can't wait till start finding rubs and scrapes

jaypz4

Missed a very nice ten point yesterday evening....tried to shoot a fence but hit the fence! Bad luck...but he ran into field and kept feeding so maybe he not spooked!

Latest posts