Howling

Stumpy

How many of you howl and are successful with it e-call or hand calls either one? I have made stand after stand and its just not happened yet this year. I have tried diff approaches than i have used in the past just to kind of throw something different at them but its just not happening. trying to just think of something different lol

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Wait till about late February or early March.
Around here that is when they start breeding and yips and howls are alot more effective.

At least it used to be. ;)

bobthebowhunter

I have gotten them fired up at dusk with by howling at them, but never had them come in to a howl. Keep at it. Remeber you are hunting the smartest animal in the woods IMO. good luck

redblood

RUGER said:
Around here that is when they start breeding and yips and howls are alot more effective.

i am going to have to disagree with ya on that ruger. i check all the females we kill and i would say most enter their first estrous in mid to late jan. the female i killed yesterday, was not in season, but her vulva was starting to swell.

redblood said:
RUGER said:

i am going to have to disagree with ya on that ruger. i check all the females we kill and i would say most enter their first estrous in mid to late jan. the female i killed yesterday, was not in season, but her vulva was starting to swell.

My wife's 4 lb. yorkie poo's vulva is swollen pretty good right now, at least I think that is what's swollen! :D

Stumpy

thanks for the info. i have read and talked to other ppl that will use them sparingly maybe at the begenning of there sequence kind of as a confidence call.