Howdy

Falconi

I'm moving from Las Vegas to Columbia in a couple of weeks. I bought a place with 5 acres of mostly wooded land. It borders about 50 acres of undeveloped private land. Really looking forward to hunting deer for the first time in 25 years. I'm also looking forward to learning from all of you.

I have bow hunted but it was a long time ago and only one season. Because I'm old (62) and have a bad right shoulder I'll probably use a crossbow. Please don't hate me. ;) I will also gun hunt, and maybe muzzleloader. It all depends on how many deer I see on my property.

Interesting story. I was scouting the property a bit and walked back into the woods. About 50 yards in, I thought to myself, "There are deer here, right now." About 10 seconds later I busted two deer. Nice to know some of the old skills are still there and that deer are there!

I watch a lot of hunting shows these days. MeatEater, McMillan, Bone Collector, Drury Outdoors Thirteen, Eastman's, etc. Some are very educational and some are mostly entertainment but I like them all.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Falconi

Thanks all. I grew up in South Dakota and lived there for 35 years. I shot a lot of mule deer, whitetails, and antelope with my .243. I'm thinking .270 this time around. Really looking forward to Tennessee.