How to hunt rabbits without dogs or anything

catman529

So I've got a Crosman .177 air rifle that can (and has) kill rabbits.

I've seen them all summer in their field-edge habitat.

Now that it's actually rabbit season, where did they go? I don't see them so much anymore. Where should I look for them? I can take a shot at up to 30 yards but prefer less than 20.

AlabamaSwamper

You can kill them feeding right at dark around cover but mostly it'll be a 10 minute hunt before it's to dark to shoot. I watch them on plots doing this.

Of course, I remember where and my beagles have their moment with them after deer season.

catman529

ok cool so I'll just look for their usual cover and see if I can spook any out...and check for them feeding at dusk as well...sounds good, I'll just have to see what I can find on my spare time.

cecil30-30

But if you go around kicking brush piles and thick stuff,they are gonna be running 99% of the time and won't hardly stop,so you will probably be better off with a shotgun,unless you can hit a running rabbit with your pellet gun.

BDS05

cecil30-30 said:
But if you go around kicking brush piles and thick stuff,they are gonna be running 99% of the time and won't hardly stop,so you will probably be better off with a shotgun,unless you can hit a running rabbit with your pellet gun.
All that more of a trophy if you can!

stik

BSisco5 said:
cecil30-30 said:

and a lot of respect.

I used to get a boy that lived down the road to go rabbit hunting with me all the time before I was old enough to drive. He would walk down a fence roll, and I would walk down the other side of the fence row. I would let him get 10 yards ahead of me and 95 percent of the rabbits would run out on my side. He would get mad and want to change sides, He never did figure out what I was doing! :D I think I need to call him and apologize! :D

Yotehntr

Hillbilly Hunter said:
I used to get a boy that lived down the road to go rabbit hunting with me all the time before I was old enough to drive. He would walk down a fence roll, and I would walk down the other side of the fence row. I would let him get 10 yards ahead of me and 95 percent of the rabbits would run out on my side. He would get mad and want to change sides, He never did figure out what I was doing! :D I think I need to call him and apologize! :D

roflmao-1.gif
roflmao-1.gif
roflmao-1.gif
That's just wrong!

A

Anonymous

I remember hunt'n rabbits with a pellet gun, been think'n on get'n me a new one, aint had one in years.

If your around town go to industrial park and find growed up field or around a empty factory, rabbits ,ground hogs, and the like will move in around them.
farms are good if you can get permission (deer season and all), base ball fields are kinda empty this time of year, use your imagination and you'll find'em.

catman529

stik said:
BSisco5 said:
cecil30-30 said:

and a lot of respect.

Now you all make me want to practice a lot so I can kill one on the run and brag about it. :grin:

Latest posts