How Many

Plateau Hunter

I do-I can miss more times and faster!!! LOL :D Seriously I have had a few runners in a pasture setting that I killed on subsequent shots. I think the AR is ideal for predator hunting. PH

bobthebowhunter

I do. Remington R-15 .223. Just got it in time for yote season (end of deer season) and have only made it out on one hunt. I missed one at 120yds. I blame myself because I shot the gun at 100 and 200yds that same day after I was done and it was still on and consistent.

JDP

Some day I will! I'm trying to figure out what to get 223 AR or 22-250 bolt gun.. decisions decisions!!! Right now all I have is my .17 Savage.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I'm shooting a r-15 .204 and a RRA pred pursuit in 223. Whatever you do don't throw a 18 + scope on there. I had a leupy 6-18 that I had lying around.and put on my RRA but I specifically bought a lower power for the r15 and pred hunting.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Grizzly Johnson said:
What twist does your gun have and what grain bullet shoots the best from it?
That's a loaded question.. for most 223 a 55 gr pill is a good starting point. Fro there it is endless the combination of bullets and powders that will produce!!

bobthebowhunter

Grizzly Johnson said:
What twist does your gun have and what grain bullet shoots the best from it?

My R-15 .223 has a 22" bbl with a 9 twist. I've only shot 55grn out of mine. It really likes the Hornady V-max (moly) and the Winchester Premium. I've shot both out to 300yds and held good groups, but I didn't measure the groups.

I'm not a reloader so hope this helps.

MWoodard

I have RR Predator Pursuit that is a great gun but I dont take it much anymore after getting a Ruger Hawkeye 22-250. After shooting a bolt gun for fifteen years the Ruger just feels more natural to me.

Grizzly Johnson

MWoodard said:
I have RR Predator Pursuit that is a great gun but I dont take it much anymore after getting a Ruger Hawkeye 22-250. After shooting a bolt gun for fifteen years the Ruger just feels more natural to me.

PM sent.

Smoke

R-15 in 204 Ruger with 32gr Hornady V-Max works for me
yote2.jpg

ROD

I COYOTE HUNT WITH AN AR-15. OTHERWISE WHATEVER I AM CARRYING AT THE TIME I TRY TO KILL THEM ALL. I SAW A TRAIL CAM PHOTO OF A DOG CARRYING A FRESH BORN FAWN IN HIS MOUTH. IT MADE ME SICK.

Latest posts