How do they know?

Cherokee

Last year I had a really nice buck on camera a few days after closing (WMA). No pics of either during season. Well, it happens again this year. Motivation for next year. Any ideas on age from folks that are better than I am on aging.

Attachments

• E2D88338-2C34-4B5B-A684-CDAC3583C828.jpeg
    E2D88338-2C34-4B5B-A684-CDAC3583C828.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 435

DoubleRidge

WOW man....that is a stud.....my goodness....I'll go 5½ maybe 6½.....heavy looking in early January.... awesome looking buck!! And the rack....just wow.

Planking

Good gracious. That is a cool looking buck. He's at least 5.5. Those sheds would be worth hunting.

Ladys man

WOW.... I used to tell my dad that every year after season. Pretty much guaranteed to see deer out in fields on the bus ride to school every Monday after season closed.
Idk how they know but they know. Good luck with him next year

huvrman

I usually get cam pics of nice bucks during the last week of season. Just got through talking to a guy tonight who saw the biggest 12 pt he's ever seen standing in the road near his house - during the last week of the season.

CrossVolle

I live in metro Knoxville and i had half a dozen in my literal back yard rummaging through acorns. Typically, they will scatter back into the timber if i come out on the porch for anything. Last night they all picked their heads up and looked at me like i was stupid and went back to eating. I could've threw an arrow like a spear and killed one i think. It is certainly bizarre how their behavior seems like it instantly changes.

megalomaniac

Incredible deer!

You probably aren't getting pics of him during season because he is not there.

I bet he is a range shifter and moves off a few miles away in fall, then comes back there to spend the rest of the year. Perhaps it is hunting pressure that moves him off...

Latest posts