How did last TN LBL quota hunt go?

medwc

Didn't see anything new posted, how did yall do on the 24 & 25?
Thanks for any info. Hoping no one "killed" my bow buck in area 12. lol

RiverBuck10

It was a great weekend! I personally didn't kill one (i hunted 16) but had some good friends of mine hunt 15 and killed a nice 8 and 10!! By dad shot a little spike (lol) and I saw lots of does but let them walk!! When I left Sat there were 9 bucks killed, the biggest I saw was a 11pt with 18" spread and a 8pt with a 19" spread!! Both of my buddies bucks were chasing does! I haven't seen a picture and I'm looking for one but I heard a 190" buck was taken on the hunt before us!! A guy that was camping beside us said the check-in guy had a pic of him and he was HUGE!! It was a great weekend!!

wattsy

We hunted 12. We Hung dark til dark Saturday. We were put on a big deer that was seen 2 weeks prior , but that dude never showed up. I seen 34 deer Saturday 28 of them before 10:30am. No rack bucks what so ever. Did take a broken up 8 Sunday. Nothing mind blowing had been checked in by 2:00 Sunday. A couple nice 10, and 11, 170lb. A few 100 to 120in. Had been checked in according to guys at station. . I have never seen that many doe this time of year without something behind.

LIL JOKER

Seen a doe coming over the saddle followed by anthor doe followed by a nice buck but he was just in to big a hurry and was overthe saddle fast..

luke

Hunted all weekend and saw three does. Son saw a nice but couldn't get shot. Sometime wonder if it is worth the trouble. Game warden told me the population was down. Seems he might be right.

woodswise

I hunted 15 Sat in the south side where I have hunted a lot and know the area very well, all the hiking I did prior was confirmed Sat the deer population at least in that area seems to be at an all time low. I did manage to see a small 10 point chasing 4 does that nearly ran over me but not a shooter in my book just left him for seed. I hiked in way before daylight and did hear 1 deer walking in the leaves but not too much activity. It was very cold and the duck hunters war on ky lake made most all the animals seem nervous me too you could'nt hear for the shooting on the lake.

volunteer1

Can�t speak for everyone but our hunting party had a very enjoyable hunt once again at LBL. Driving through dover we saw a 8 point chasing a doe right before you get to the south entrance. Then 10 minutes later, right before the bison range, another buck appeared in high pursuit of a hot a doe chasing across the road. We were excited to say the least. There were four of us in our party and two scored. One buck was a 3.5 year old 9 point that weighed 130 lbs dressed and the other was a 2.5 6 point 108lbs. Both bucks were rutting and chasing. The 6 point came in before dark grunting and causing scene. From we witnessed and experienced the bucks were on the move. We hunted area 11 and had a great time.

LIL JOKER

I hunted 11 also...not very thick in 11 I could see for miles in the woods lol...I'm use to the thick nasty stuff at ft Campbell where if u can see 40 yds u are lucky

tunnelman65

Joker we hunted 11 also on the ridges. Saw lots of signs but between 3 of us we only saw 4 deer on stand and they were in the bottoms. Place is full of coyotes. I love to hunt LBL but do not see the amount of deer we did 15-20 years ago.

medwc

Wow, sounds like most had the same luck I did which was not much luck. The week prior I bow hunted as much as possible but just didn't see many deer. I also thought maybe the numbers are down but alot of times at LBL the deer are just not where I like to hunt. I planned on being up there this week but am stuck with juror duties all week. There is always next week, for me anyways.
Thanks for the info guys.

Latest posts