Food Plots How bad....

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Had some time after church to work on my plots. I spread seed over my plots then was going spray them. Because of all the rain for the past 1.5 months, stuff was 2-6' tall knew it would be a task. After seeding, I went along and sprayed all my plots with a backpack sprayer. after I got home, I realized I had grabbed a jug of brush killer instead of 41% gly. Is there any chance my plots will come up this fall after doing this? I didn't spray much on the ground, just on the tall weeds and brush.

1661725865993.jpeg

BSK

Someone else who knows better should comment, but I don't believe 2-4D or triclopyr are soil active (only kills plants with actively growing leaves, not seed or have residual effect in soil).

JCDEERMAN

Those all look to be post-emergent. Had to google Dicamba - never used that. Friday I bought 3.5 gallons of 2,4D with the understanding of it being a post- emergent. Doesn't hurt seed, just the living plants. We typically spray and drill the same day, also vice-versa. Now, as long as killing grasses and weeds, not sure how it will do. This herbicide targets woody and broadleafs. Just keep an eye on it

megalomaniac

Let us know... triclopyr (remedy) has a 3 to 4 wk soil residual, and planting is not recommended within 2 to 3 weeks after spraying. I've planted 10d after applying triclopyr in the past and was fine.

The biggest problem you may have is that combo will not do much for grasses in your plot.

BSK

Let us know... triclopyr (remedy) has a 3 to 4 wk soil residual, and planting is not recommended within 2 to 3 weeks after spraying. I've planted 10d after applying triclopyr in the past and was fine.
Thanks for the clarification mega. I knew you are Popcorn would know.

The biggest problem you may have is that combo will not do much for grasses in your plot.
Exactly. If grass was a problem in the plot, it still will be. None of those chemicals will kill grasses.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Thanks for the clarification mega. I knew you are Popcorn would know.

Exactly. If grass was a problem in the plot, it still will be. None of those chemicals will kill grasses.
Not a lot of grass in these plots. Just various weeds that have blown up since we have had lots of rain this summer. This is my dad standing in part of it last week as I was mowing.

1661777122199.jpeg

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places

This

Latest posts