Hot and Dry

WilcoKen

This fall is looking a lot like last year's fall. Hot and dry. No frost or rain in the extended forecast. Might need to wash and wax the vehicles. That usually brings rain. Seriously it's been several years since I can remember a "normal" fall season. But here I sit in a tree sweating in early Oct. Gotta love it.

Mike Belt

I hunt a lot when I know I shouldn't or when the odds are really stacked against me. Early bow season is one of those times. It's usually just too hot and the bucks aren't getting close to doing thing. I'm not saying you can't kill one but it's not as likely to happen as it might be closer to the rut and in cooler temps. There's something to be said for skipping those times and only hunting in prime time.

Don'tDrinkTinks

I agree. I love to bow hunt but I do it during the rut now.

I've grown to hate hunting when it's 90 degrees and now I stay out until muzzleloader. I don't get burnt out as quick during season and it lowers the pressure on my spots considerably.

landman

Don'tDrinkTinks":3mpfenir said:
I agree. I love to bow hunt but I do it during the rut now.

I've grown to hate hunting when it's 90 degrees and now I stay out until muzzleloader. I don't get burnt out as quick during season and it lowers the pressure on my spots considerably.

This causes a lot of hunters to get sloppy I think, desperate to kill something, blowing the woods out

Boll Weevil

I ain't even been yet...just no point in being miserable AND stinking up the woods all the while educating deer. I'll wait till conditions improve a bit.

jard

I dont even consider hunting when its hot. I dont need that meat that bad and I dont have a place to hang, dry, and cool a deer the way I like to and really not a processor close to me. Not worth risking it. I'll take my crossbow the last week or so of october for the first time and hunt 2-3 times before muzzleloader season.

Latest posts