Hoping you can go home again

jag1

Would love to say hope your year is going well but it's been pretty crappy for all of us, some more than others. Was a member many moons ago when the site was relatively new. Remember Ruger, some old Dawg fellow, BSK to mention a few. User name back then was jag. Have some fond memories of some sweet people who blessed me during the death of my infant daughter. Never stopped deer hunting but did slow down after we adopted my daughter 18 years ago. She's home from college now and asked me about the site as I showed her a few pictures I had posted so many years ago. So I came back to search the pictures but couldn't find them. I was blessed yesterday with the buck of my lifetime and wanted to post but can't seem to find it. Hope your season is going well and God bless.

Attachments

• IMG_5572.jpeg
    IMG_5572.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 135

jag1

Man what a beauty! 23" wide or so?

welcome back! Ruger is still here unfortunately
23 1/2, good call. Curious to the age. Buddy and I think body says 2 1/2 but can't see that rack on that age but could be wrong. Will get the jaw from the taxidermist to confirm. My guess is 3 1/2.

cbhunter

23 1/2, good call. Curious to the age. Buddy and I think body says 2 1/2 but can't see that rack on that age but could be wrong. Will get the jaw from the taxidermist to confirm. My guess is 3 1/2.
Did you have any history or trail cam pics of him?

And to be clear, I consider ole Ruger a good friend

jag1

Did you have any history or trail cam pics of him?

And to be clear, I consider ole Ruger a good friend
I have no pics of him. Totally surprised when he came through...my feet still haven't hit the ground. I figured you to be a buddy of Ruger's. Only a buddy would say that : ). Wish I could remember that Dawg's handle..he had a great jerky recipe that I'd love to lay hands on again.

rmmonty32

I have no pics of him. Totally surprised when he came through...my feet still haven't hit the ground. I figured you to be a buddy of Ruger's. Only a buddy would say that : ). Wish I could remember that Dawg's handle..he had a great jerky recipe that I'd love to lay hands on again.
Sounds like you might be talking about Catchdawg

Cedar Ridge

Would love to say hope your year is going well but it's been pretty crappy for all of us, some more than others. Was a member many moons ago when the site was relatively new. Remember Ruger, some old Dawg fellow, BSK to mention a few. User name back then was jag. Have some fond memories of some sweet people who blessed me during the death of my infant daughter. Never stopped deer hunting but did slow down after we adopted my daughter 18 years ago. She's home from college now and asked me about the site as I showed her a few pictures I had posted so many years ago. So I came back to search the pictures but couldn't find them. I was blessed yesterday with the buck of my lifetime and wanted to post but can't seem to find it. Hope your season is going well and God bless.
Great buck! Congrats. Welcome back.

Safari Hunt

Welcome back. That is a magnificent buck! BTW, has your daughter been deer hunting yet?
Went through losing a son to a premature birth. Now blessed with two kids, great SIL, great DIL and nine grandkids! Santa sends us thank-you notes.

Latest posts