Homemade atv lawn tractor implements

Urban_Hunter

Football Hunter said:
Unless you are a good welder,and really know what you are doing,likely just to be junk that will just scratch the ground a little.

I agree. You could make a scraper blade or something... but any kind of ground breaking tool requires a good bit of science behind it. The angles needed, size of the disk/plow/etc, weight of the implement, pulling power of the tractor (lawn mower), etc all must be calculated. I think if you just went at it welding pieces together it would likely never work.

southernhunter

the best thing to do is find some old farm tools , disc.plows etc .the convert them into what you want.you can find them fairly cheap if you look around .i built atv disc from a old tractor drag type disc .works really well , i am about to build anpother from a 3 point hitch disc thats to far gone to do anything else with . i also got in the works a atv bushhog .i am a union pipewelderand i own a welder but when i first built that atv disc i didnt have anything but a drill and grinder. take your time look at lots of other implements and have a plan before you start . other wise it want turn out right and you will be redoing it been there .one last thing metal ,bolts ,nuts grinder wheels etc aint cheap, and if u aint real careful you will have more in a homemade implement than u can buy one for. but it can be done cheap just got to use your head

Latest posts