Homebrew Teaching

monsterbuck07

I would love to be able to make a Homebrew but I have NO CLUE as to where to start. If anyone wants to meet up sometime in Middle TN and teach me, I'll buy the parts and meet ya if we can get something set up, thanks!

Good time Charlie

I done one step by step and no one was interested..I am building 2 right now ,get enough interest.... we may try it again.
Jim can help me along,It is a real good hobby to get into.
You are not going to get rich selling them as Jim can testify.
But they are addicting after the first one.You will have at least 150 bucks in one,but it will last you for years and if it messes up you can fix it. And in my opinion the picture quality is second to none.

TheAirMan

For me the hardest part was finding a place that had what all you had to have and what all you had to do. Seems like there was a little info here and a little there. Good Time Charlie helped me out on my first one. Now they are a piece of cake. The guys over on hagshouse and FiremanJim helped me out a lot with a video build I done. That was a little more complicated and aggravating. A problem I've ran into is I really like building the cams but I don't have many places to hunt so I don't need that many cams. I have an S600 build started and another one to do after it then I will probably slow down for a while.

Good time Charlie

The hardest part is hacking the camera, the rest is easy
Drilling your holes for the box may be a bit Diff.
I WISH EVERYONE KNEW HOW TO BUILD HOMEBREWS..
You would kick yourslf in the butt for not doing this sooner

TheAirMan

I guess you could technically use any camera, if you knew how to hack it. Buckshot164 on youtube has a bunch of videos of how to hack a lot of cameras. I would start out with an easy one on the first cam. A lot probably start out with one of the Sony's. Like a P41 or P52 or something. Another easy one to start out on would be a Nikon L11. I don't think you could find a cam much easier to hack than that one.

Good time Charlie

Here are a couple I have started ,I still have to put the Liquid Nails to it for a 3D finish... the longer smaller 1030 is a Nikon L11..the other is a s40.They are both coming out real good
They should have 2 c's or 4 AA's for external power
<
DSC00207_zps668b3549.jpg

DSC00206_zps68499ed6.jpg

lockandloaded

I posted in Charlie's post earlier. But I am interested as well. I am goin to go to the links posted above and looks for some beginners info.

TheAirMan

Buckshot164 youtube has some videos I would recommend you guys that are thinking about build your first watch. There are a lot of different components (cams, boxes, boards, etc) that could be used besides the ones he uses in this video. However, I think this should give you guys a good idea of what all has to happen. He doesn't show hacking the camera in this video but everything else you got to do is pretty much there.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRJEHjNMWRA
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wba6NG5RkzE
Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymd6tNGVn08
Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp0vr2LJqQM

Good time Charlie

And here is my latest ,weather been bad .Kinda liked getting back into my old hobby.I love this cam
s40 sony
In a small walmart outdoor box
2 c cells for external power.

DSC04866_zps5a266906.jpg

dh1984

looking good charlie. wish i could make some but i cant set long and try to do any thing unless it's deer huntin. i can't spell what it is called.so i got really short nerves.

Latest posts