Holiday Menu

Twinshooter

I have a fourth cookout every year since 1998.
MENU;
(15) slabs of ribs
(1) Pork Shoulder
(1) Boston Butt
Chicken legs
Smoked Brats
Hot Dogs
Corn Salad
Potatoe Salad
Corn on Cob
Baked Beans
Apple Crisp (3) two isn't enough
Home made vanilla ice cream.

jb3

Hawk, have you been to the festival before? I hit it up a few years ago and had a good time. It was blazing hot (the weather) and lines were long. My wife was upset that I wanted to get there early, but did not get there early enough. The line for the free chicken was insane. And that was 1 hour before everything got started. Next time I go, my kids will stay home. Too many people packed into a small area and my kids are not a fan of long lines waiting for chicken.

Hawk

jb3 said:
Hawk, have you been to the festival before? I hit it up a few years ago and had a good time. It was blazing hot (the weather) and lines were long. My wife was upset that I wanted to get there early, but did not get there early enough. The line for the free chicken was insane. And that was 1 hour before everything got started. Next time I go, my kids will stay home. Too many people packed into a small area and my kids are not a fan of long lines waiting for chicken.

I was there for the first one four years ago. As you said long lines for the free chicken. Heck there were lines to buy it.
I spend more time in the beer tent drinking than waiting to eat chicken. Since they have changed the beer rules it should spread out the crowd. It was tight in that tent four years ago.

jb3

I was there that first year. Had one in a stroller and one toddling around. Had it not been for Purity handing our free ice cream and farmers market passing out water melon I would have not made it through a line.

PcDeer

10 Racks st. louis style ribs
3 Boston Butts
2 Briskets
25 Chicken halves
1 Stick BBQ bologna (Lunch)
BBQ baked beans
Baked Potato salad
Spicy cole slaw
Fried Green Tomatoes (Family tradition at bbq's)

Cooking it all up on my new reverse flow smoker that will finally be finished tomorrow night!!
Giving it a test run Wednesday on some whole chickens.

rabbit hunter

Dang all that sounds good. This year I'm just doing simple things to snack on while enjoying the pool.

Stick of bologna
3-4 beef fattys
All on the BGE of course. Happy 4th!