Hogs close to middle tn?

A

Anonymous

I would like to hear from the twra about the ones in williamson county. I haven't been able to get any feedback from them. They had a quick blurb on the news a month ago that they were going to start shooting them out of helicopters at night on the local news. Would like to know where this is happening and how it was going. Also how that works if they just have the right to shoot them anywhere anytime with or without the landowners permission. I like hunting them but definetly dont want them on my deer hunting spots. Maybe BSK could help out he seems to be the go to man and being right next to williamson county..

HeadHunter23

They are DEFINATELY in Giles Co. on the AL line. I know a farmer that replanted 23 acres next to the Elk River because of hog damage. Several have been chased down and killed on ATVs since then.

arctic_cat

I have hunted Eagle creek wma in wayne county and have talked to a bunch of people who have seen them around. I have a lease down the road from there but havent seen any there and hope we never do

reflex264

I know they are in Grundy Co to your east and Franklin co to your south/east. They suspect that someone turned the Franklin Co hogs loose on purpose. reflex264

JimFromTN

mrk80 said:
I would like to hear from the twra about the ones in williamson county. I haven't been able to get any feedback from them. They had a quick blurb on the news a month ago that they were going to start shooting them out of helicopters at night on the local news. Would like to know where this is happening and how it was going. Also how that works if they just have the right to shoot them anywhere anytime with or without the landowners permission. I like hunting them but definetly dont want them on my deer hunting spots. Maybe BSK could help out he seems to be the go to man and being right next to williamson county..

If you look at the twra map, they are right along the Williamson and Rutherford county lines. I hunt around Triune and I think I saw one once. I was walking down a logging road and a large dark brown animal took off running very fast and low to the ground. It was not a dog or deer so I assume it was a hog.

Latest posts