Hog Traps??

cecil30-30

I've been hunting in BSF the past few days and have noticed that the hogs must be nocternal.I was wondering if they make some sort of trap that would be capable of holding a Hog?

PickettSFHunter

Yes big live traps. I know several folks here who trap them but they do it on private land. One guy killed 170 some odd in one year. I dont know the legality of putting them on BSF but I would be willing to bet that you cant legally do that.

cecil30-30

Well, Steven i don't think i'll be trapping any hogs on BSF,it's illegal.I'm gonna have to find some private land.I have a cousin who owns some land a couple miles from Zenith.

Darkthirty II

I was in a rabbit hunting club on the NC/SC border and the hogs dern near about overtook the place. The farmer that owned the land built a big live trap out of an old cattle trailor. Took the axle's off and geri rigged a door to fall. Let the hogs get used to feeding in there for about a month, then he caught the daylights out of'em. He never really caught any big pigs, but lots of young ones.

InfoMan

First look in the hunting guide for regulations for legally trapping hogs. Oh, let me save you some trouble. Traps are illegal for taking hogs.

If a landowner is having enough damage to get depredation written permits from TWRA, then he may be able to trap hogs.

cecil30-30

InfoMan said:
First look in the hunting guide for regulations for legally trapping hogs. Oh, let me save you some trouble. Traps are illegal for taking hogs.

If a landowner is having enough damage to get depredation written permits from TWRA, then he may be able to trap hogs.
Thanks InfoMan,I had already found out from SCN.

Latest posts