Hog Hunting Tactics

sjalter

Does anybody have any hog hunting tactics or methods? I know alot of people hunt them with dogs but I don't have any dogs to hunt them with. Would you stalk hunt them or would you hunt them from a stand? Are there any calls to call them in with? Are there any scents to attract them with? By the way I do understand there are only certian regions in Tennessee where they can be found.

InfoMan

In most parts of the state, dogs are illegal for hunting feral hogs. Check page 30 of the hunting guide for areas for hunting with dogs.

CWT

walk..walk... wind in face, or cross wind, crawl thought laurel & jump them out of their bed. if it is cold wait there just a few minutes and if you are lucky they will come back to that warm bed if they did not smell you. then you can really work on them. find you a fresh track and stay on it you might run acoss him sooner or later or find the hickory nuts, they will be there.

A

Anonymous

Locate a fairly fresh waller and create your own rubbing tree using a croker sack[burlap] and some old burnt motor oil. This will keep'em around for weeks at a time. For added staying power, mix up a 5 gallon batch of any cool aid drink and ad it to the waller periodically. Most effective if located near thick cover. Use this as a starting point each time you turn your dogs out or you can hang a stand overlooking trails to and from the waller. Used fish grease can be substituted for motor oil.

bonekelektr

Put anything edible in a field(lots of it), go back around 9:00PM, turn on the spotlight and you can usually get 2or3 before they run off...If you make good head shots the number will go up........

Blue5

bonekelektr said:
Put anything edible in a field(lots of it), go back around 9:00PM, turn on the spotlight and you can usually get 2or3 before they run off...If you make good head shots the number will go up........

Legal?

Latest posts