Hiwassee River Delayed Harvest

FLTENNHUNTER1

"Delayed Harvest in Tennessee is a time of catch and release trout fishing. Only artificial lures are permitted."

My question is what is considered "artificial lures"? It is my understanding you cannot use corn, worms, crickets, grasshoppers, and other live bait. Can you use plastic worms, plastic minnow type lures, etc.? Can you use Berkley's powerbait? Thank you.

Safari Hunt

"Delayed Harvest in Tennessee is a time of catch and release trout fishing. Only artificial lures are permitted."

My question is what is considered "artificial lures"? It is my understanding you cannot use corn, worms, crickets, grasshoppers, and other live bait. Can you use plastic worms, plastic minnow type lures, etc.? Can you use Berkley's powerbait? Thank you.
Powerbait is a no-no. Rooster tails, Mepps, etc. are actually the best or fly fishing.

Safari Hunt

Be careful as a guy got a ticket because he had a piece of dried up corn in his vest. Nit picking but against the regulations as it was in his possession. Good luck and post some photos if possible.

Crow Terminator

I asked a wildlife officer up on Tellico Saturday about the spinners and delayed harvest. Specifically the treble hook part. He said in delayed harvest areas, treble hooks were LEGAL on jerkbaits, spinners, etc on Tellico and Hiwassee. He said that the single hook only applies to wild streams like North River, Bald River, etc.

Safari Hunt

Artificial only with no live bait is correct. This would include treble hooks but I clippe two barbs so I could fish other places. Trout regulations start on page 35 of the regulations booklet. I download it in my laptop and plus the hunting regulations for instant reference. Phone is too small to read.o_O