High temp cheese?

KANATI McD

TAFKAP said:
I'm not familiar with "high temp" cheese. What is it?
Its used in summer sausage. Not suppose to melt until around 375� . Gonna try and make some and Dont want a void where the cheese was

TheRealSpurhunter

I have been making summer sausage for a couple years. I saw the price of high temp and passed. I use straight off the shelf block cheese in the flavor of my choosing. My recipe calls for a finished meat temp of 156*,and as long as you dont get much over that it holds just fine. I have people BEGGING me for sausage every year, I assume they approve of my product. LOL

KANATI McD

TheRealSpurhunter said:
I have been making summer sausage for a couple years. I saw the price of high temp and passed. I use straight off the shelf block cheese in the flavor of my choosing. My recipe calls for a finished meat temp of 156*,and as long as you dont get much over that it holds just fine. I have people BEGGING me for sausage every year, I assume they approve of my product. LOL

Well dang man, that's like telling me you have a hot 27 year old girlfriend and then not showing me pics!

Let's see that recipe. :d

TheRealSpurhunter

KANATI McD said:
TheRealSpurhunter said:

Well dang man, that's like telling me you have a hot 27 year old girlfriend and then not showing me pics!

She WAS 27 at one time....40 now.

Anoywho, I will find you one, hold your water.

TheRealSpurhunter

Poser said:
KANATI McD said:
Poser said:
You can order it from Butcher & Packer. Not sure about getting it around town.

Thanks man, have you order products from them? Do they pack it on ice?

I order all of my butchering and charcuterie products (casings, curing salt etc) from them. Excellent company.

I will second LEM stuff, they area great company.

TNLynn

TheRealSpurhunter said:
I have same results with block cheese from wholesale place here in town. No voids in my meat!!

Legnip

I just bought 7 lbs of the stuff from Butcher & Packer. It is shipped UPS ground typically. It may take them awhile to get it to you, but you will be happy with the results. We just made 50lbs of summer sausage 2/3's with cheddar cheese. It turned out awesome. B&P had some deals going on the cheese. I bought mine for about $5/lb. Happy Happy Happy.

TheRealSpurhunter

KANATI McD said:
TheRealSpurhunter said:

I cheat and use a kit from High Mountain, then start adding my own additions to it.

Latest posts