gtk

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
1c2f8d64e490b6b43b6f11c989c7ef5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastTNHunter

EastTNHunter

Don’t see ejector marks. What does a factory round look like when fired? Some guns will “crater” regardless of pressure

jlanecr500

jlanecr500

Supporter
It is warm but not overly high. The primer edges are still rounded. They will square off in high pressure conditions. As long as the bolt lift is normal I would rock on.

gtk

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
it shoots fine out of my browning 270, but my son's savage the bolt is just a little stiff, but not bad..

also my browning does not flatten the primer near as much..

i don't have a factory round to check against..

ADR

ADR

jlanecr500":3qtfuzz4 said:
It is warm but not overly high. The primer edges are still rounded. They will square off in high pressure conditions. As long as the bolt lift is normal I would rock on.

X2. Changing to lapua brass will probably solve the bolt lift stiffness on your sons gun

DaveB

DaveB

Sticky bolt means too high for that rifle. Back the powder down 2 grains. You can back it down in small increments---.5 grain if you like---until you get a clean lift.

My Browning likes 59 gr of IMR4350 shooting 150 Accubonds and partitions.

My 7mm08 Savage chamber is tight as can be. The DA killer load of RL15 hiding behind a 120 nbt causes a bit of sticky lift.

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

Could be a difference in freebore and/or bore diameter in the savage. I wouldn't be too concerned about a bit of a sticky bolt lift in a target gun, but I'd want my hunting loads to cycle cleanly.

gtk

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
i checked a few of the other shells he has shot, and they look a little better.. His gun is not sticky enough to be a concern ...

this load is 49 grain IMR 4064 & 130 grain sierra boattail.. was within max in an older loading manual, but over max in my newer one