Hey guys

rattlesnake01

Hey guys, new here and was looking for some help/info/guidance on Chickasaw, I'm not looking for your honey holes. This is my 3rd year hunting and so far private land hasn't produced much. I've heard some horror story's from other people about public land hunting and was wondering if it can be like that, people claiming a spot is there's and starting fights over it.

philsanchez76

Welcome to the site. Im a public land guy and have only had one run in with a guy who "Claimed" an area as his. Nothing violent, he just left me a note on my stand saying not to come back (passive aggressive). I did come back once and killed a deer there haha and then decided not to mess with it anymore anyway. Most of the "good" spots I find are good cuz there aint any one else who knows about em yet. DOn't know anything about Chickasaw but hopefully someone will help ya out.

Rancocas

I'm another who mainly hunts public land. Never had a problem. Never been to Chickasaw, though.

Did have a problem a couple of years ago when hunting a friend's private land up on the Cumberland Plateau. It seems this other group has been hunting the area for years and included his property among their territory. I had walked my friend's property boundary with him, so I had a pretty good idea of where I was allowed to be. I had set up my camp on his land, but close to the property line. Those other guys didn't like it. It turned out that I camped where they normally park. We had a verbal argument. They threatened me with arrest, saying that I was trespassing. They did call the game warden who came and talked with me. He didn't know the property boundaries, said there was nothing he could do, and then he left. Then those other guys harassed me for two days by riding their noisy ATV's all around me. No point in me staying there. I think they must have scared away any deer.
My friend sold that property last year.

Latest posts