hey dove hunters this is for you

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
ok im not a dove hunter but would like to tag alone with someone that is going to be hunting this season and bring my lab and let her fetch some birds not interested in shooting or trying to find your honey holes just been training my dog for over a year and like to have some birds shot in front of her to get ready for the up coming waterfowl season pm me if ant one is interested

buckhunter42

i wouldnt mind if you and dog came along on some trips this season....we just have to work out times n such . i live in roane co...i hunt some in rhea co ...are you a duck hunter to? I just got into duck hunting about 2 years ago...i love watching a dog fetch a duck ....maybe we could hunt some duck also together

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
yea i love to waterfowl hunt and yet my dog is still young but loves to fetch birds. as far as the dove hunt goes yea pm me and we can get a time set up would be glad to come and you would be welcome to duck with me and Bella

Chaneylake

ClubHead said:
A dove field will mess up a young dog in training pretty bad.

will do nothing but help if properly trained, I carried my lab into a dove field when he was 8 3/4 months old, he picked up my limit, then a limit for another hunter, then 3 birds for another hunter, this was his very first hunt ever

I never had one second of trouble out of him, then nor since. its all in the proper training

rebs1

I agree Chaney. I had my dog picking up my birds at 8mos. Never had a minutes problem with him.

stik

ClubHead said:

not in my experience. we had max in the field last year at 4 1/2 months. he wasn't quite ready for retrieving but he was very interested. until he got tired and went to sleep :)

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
ClubHead said:
not trying to be an a@@ but please explain?
my lab. is 15 months old she has been around alot of gun fire (daily) and i thought if i went with out a gun i can give my full attention to her

ClubHead

reloadxx said:
ClubHead said:
my lab. is 15 months old she has been around alot of gun fire (daily) and i thought if i went with out a gun i can give my full attention to her
It depends on the field I guess.Most Dogs that Ive trained wasnt prepared for 50 guns shooting in every direction.Too much going on for the dog to mind.An older seasoned dog might not be as bad or a smaller field.

Chaneylake

reloadxx said:
ClubHead said:

you will get a ton of good training out of doing what you stated above, just always be ready to do some quick corrections

Latest posts