Hermitage Archery

Trapper John

I know he went to part time a few years ago. It wouldn't surprise me.

Back when I bow hunted he became the only shop I'd deal with. He knew what he was doing and didn't give me a sales pitch whenever I came in. It's too bad for bow hunters if he decided to retire, but I say he earned it.

Lawrence

REN said:
he closed recently, a buddy went by and talked to him and thats what he said.

Thanks
I went buy and his sign was still up
I new this day would come
he has been doing all my bow work since I moved here 15 years ago
Any one recommmend another bow shop around MT Juliet or Nashville

TNDeerGuy

Lawrence said:
REN said:
he closed recently, a buddy went by and talked to him and thats what he said.

Thanks
I went buy and his sign was still up
I new this day would come
he has been doing all my bow work since I moved here 15 years ago
Any one recommmend another bow shop around MT Juliet or Nashville

The closest one is The Archery Den in Franklin. There is Poindexter's in Gallatin, but a archery shop they are not--they just have bows for sell.

TNDeerGuy

REN said:
by a google search there is an archery store in Mount Juliet

world class archery (but i dont know anything about them)

2617 North Greenhill Road, Mount Juliet
(615) 754-9998

That is Dee Falks, the President of Old Hickory Lake Bowmen's Club and U.S. Olympic Archery Coach. I think he does some work, but I don't think he sells anything.

A

Anonymous

he's only open during hunting seasion go back down there in sept. he is not open year round.

Hoss

Joe is a great guy. It is impossible for me to believe that Nashville does not have enough archers willing to support a shop to keep at least one in business. 25 years ago there was at least 10 in Nashville and immediately surrounding Nashville. Go Figure?!

Trapper John

I remember the first trip I made to see Joe. It was right after I went to a shop near downtown Nashville that had just been taken over by new owners. The original owner knew his stuff. The new guy, after I told him I needed a custom string on my bow, put a Zebra string on it because, "Those Mathews bows need a lot of serving on the string" and he didn't want to do it. I told him if I had wanted a Zebra string I would have asked for one.

Went to Joe the next week and he fixed me up quick.

All that after my shop in Murfreesboro closed.

If I still bow hunted I'd be pretty mad right now.

REN

I always took my stuff to joe but toward the end i had some issues with the price he added to his work. I mean to move a peep and serve it should not cost me $15 to do.

overall i always liked him and he knew his stuff but if there was another shop even decent near by i would have tried them out toward the end.

scn

I bought my last four bows from Joe, and was always pleased with his work. I hate to hear that he is closed, but understand the issues of competing with the big box stores and online businesses. He will be missed by mid-Tn archers.

1hunter

Hate to see Joe retire, he was always helpful. Archery Den in Franklin is a great bow shop. Jeremy has always taken care of my gear quickly and done the right way. He has got a full line of archery gear and has great customer service. 615-567-6243. Just right off I-65 south of Franklin.

fishboy1

Thomas over at Dickson Sportsman Store has always done stellar work for me. A bit of a drive from the East side of Nashville but it was totally worth it.

I sure wish there was a bow tuning class somewhere so I could learn to do all my own work.

Radar

fishboy1 said:
Thomas over at Dickson Sportsman Store has always done stellar work for me. A bit of a drive from the East side of Nashville but it was totally worth it.

I sure wish there was a bow tuning class somewhere so I could learn to do all my own work.

Its not really that hard to do your own setup and tuning . I learned on my own and reading books and articles when I first got started . Joe Bell , the editor of Bow and Arrow magazine has a very good book on advanced bow setup , tuning and shooting .
A simple bow square and center shot gauge are vital to setup . Its amazing how many bow tuning problems can be solved by simply correcting center shot or string loop position on the string . A Bow master portable bow press can be used on many bows (check with the bow manufacturer first) to make string changes or adjustments to correct peep sights and serve them in .

fishboy1

Thanks Radar.
I can do most of the basic stuff. Its when you get one of those wacky issues that kill me.

After 4 years of crazy issues and low confidence, I have my bow tuned up and shooting good.
last year it turns out I had a cam lean issue and a few twists of the yoke got it grouping again.

2x checked my paper tune the other day and a tiny adjustment had it punching bullet holes.

Now that the bow is right on, its up to me to shoot well.

Latest posts