herbie talks playoffs

THEdonkey0515

People have picked TCU to make the playoffs last two years. Toughest games Oklahoma, Baylor, Oklahoma st.

They went 1-2 against them 3 teams last season only W came against Baylor in OT. I don't really see them going 3-0 against them this year.

They do have an SEC opponent this year. Arkansas In week two I would love for the razorbacks to get the upset on the road.

Twinshooter

THEdonkey0515":3531t56v said:
People have picked TCU to make the playoffs last two years. Toughest games Oklahoma, Baylor, Oklahoma st.

They went 1-2 against them 3 teams last season only W came against Baylor in OT. I don't really see them going 3-0 against them this year.

They do have an SEC opponent this year. Arkansas In week two I would love for the razorbacks to get the upset on the road.

Arkansas could very well make that happen, the hogs has a knack to come out of nowhere and beat you up.

THEdonkey0515

yeah I think its very possible TCU gets there playoff dreams crushed in week two.

Arkansas started horrible last year with back to back to back! loses to Toledo, texas tech, and texas A&M. only to bounce back to beat teams like Tennessee on the road, LSU on the road,Ole miss on the road, Auburn, Missouri. to finish 8-5 after a bowl win.

in 2014 they had a not very impressive 7-5 recorded, but shut out LSU (17-0) and Ole Miss (30-0) in back to back weeks! lost to bama by a single point 13 to14, before beating up the longhorns 31-7 in the bowl game.

just seem to show up in big games...

TreyB

THEdonkey0515":x0z7kb0z said:
yeah I think its very possible TCU gets there playoff dreams crushed in week two.

Arkansas started horrible last year with back to back to back! loses to Toledo, texas tech, and texas A&M. only to bounce back to beat teams like Tennessee on the road, LSU on the road,Ole miss on the road, Auburn, Missouri. to finish 8-5 after a bowl win.

in 2014 they had a not very impressive 7-5 recorded, but shut out LSU (17-0) and Ole Miss (30-0) in back to back weeks! lost to bama by a single point 13 to14, before beating up the longhorns 31-7 in the bowl game.

just seem to show up in big games...

Question..... Who would you rather have as a coach if u needed one, Butch Or Brett???

THEdonkey0515

brett in 3 years with the hogs

year #1, 3-9 record, 0-8 in the SEC worst SEC record for them since 1992.
year#2, 7-6 record , 2-6 in the SEC.
year#3, 8-5 record, 5-3 in the sec.

CBJ in 3 years with the vols.
year#1, 5-7 record 2-6 in the SEC
year#2, 7-6 record, 3-5 in the SEC
year#3,9-4 record 5-3 in the SEC.

they both have improved every year I think CBJ does that again in 2016, I don't think Brett does.

CBL total record at UT 21-17, SEC record 10-14.
Brett total record 18-20, SEC record 7-17

yes Brett has wins over LSU and Ole miss,but who cares if your still gonna finish 7-6 or 8-5.

CBj has had a better record then him 2 outta the last 3 years they both finished at 7-6 year #2. CBJ will post a better record then Brett this year also.

I see brett going 7-5 maybe 8-4 in 2016 if he can pull off a game against a TCU or Bama or LSU.
while Tennessee goes 9-3 or 10-2.

at this point I will take CBJ.

TreyB

Interesting outlook.... Brett in the West competing against harder teams and pulling off big wins while Butch in a weak East not getting it done except the teams he SHOULD beat anyway. Was just curious though.

THEdonkey0515

TreyB":26lt36hw said:
Interesting outlook.... Brett in the West competing against harder teams and pulling off big wins while Butch in a weak East not getting it done except the teams he SHOULD beat anyway. Was just curious though.
he has also dropped games against Rutgers, Florida (east team) south Carolina ( east team) Georgia (east team) Missouri (east team) toldeo!! Texas TECH.

so the easier east teams CBJ faces have gave him A lot of trouble aslo :tu:

has lost to Texas A&M, Mississippi St. and bama all 3 years is 1-2 against auburn only win coming in 4OTs

his beat LSU twice and Ole miss twice that's real good.

These "big games" his won have been against Two teams.

I think his a good coach right there with CBJ I would still give CBJ the edge at the moment

TreyB

Toledo ended up in the top 25 and Tech went bowling.

I agree I think they are somewhat alike. But I will say Butch can recruit better than Brett (due to the fact it is TN compared to Arkansas) but if Brett had the talent and the coach at TN instead of Butch, I think TN would have a much better record. IMO

THEdonkey0515

Texas tech was a 6-6 team last year with wins over these teams besides Arkansas. it was a bad loss for them

sam Houston.
UTEP.
Jayhawks.
Iowa state cyclones.
Kansas St wildcats.

Toledo was a 9-2 team had a game canceled

who lost to northern Illinois, and the Western Michigan broncos. It was a bad loss lol. it would have been like the vols losing to Vandy & Kentucky last year.

they are both solid coaches I think CBJ will take a step forward this year while Brett stays in place.

Brett most likely wont beat Ole miss or LSU for a third straight year. Bama should beat them. the TCU game will be good, but very easily good be a L. A&M on the road could be an L his not beat them in 3 years. Florida will be a good game at home could be a L. Mississippi St. and auburn on the road. I see 7-5