Hen with poults

DoubleRidge

Yesterday morning driving to work I saw my first hen with poults.... co-worker saw hen with poults last Saturday.

And I'm certainly no turkey biologist but my understanding is that this dry spell we are in should be good for hens on nest....hot and dry would be favorable nest conditions verses a very wet spring like we've had in the past....so hopefully we have a good hatch and it helps those areas that are struggling.

catman529

So far the weather has been great for hatching poults. Not so great for getting my garden started but that's what the water hose is for. Hopefully we have another good hatch this year.

I saw a lot of jakes and jennies in the past few months, so it looks like a good hatch last year too. This is across multiple TN counties and even a little of Alabama and Kentucky as well.

megalomaniac

Saw a momma with a half dozen 4d olds olds here in south MS this week. Hatch date approx May 16th. Backdating would put her setting April 18th. Nest initiation around Apr 4th. 1st breeding around Mar 27 to 28th. Juvie seasons opens Mar 8th.

Latest posts