help with a decoy for predators

F

FishnFed

I'm new to predator hunting and would like to know what type of decoy you use while you're calling. Thanks in advance.

T

TennSportsman

Depends on what call your using. You don't need a decoy of any kind but I'd ask slim. He is the one to ask.

J

JDP

I've had success with the Mojo Critter, I use it almost every time. Works on bobcats and yotes but it's not anything you need. I think it does 2 things, gives them something to visualize when they hear a distress sound, and it gives them something to focus on so you can get on target.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
JDP":mmi5lrd6 said:
I've had success with the Mojo Critter, I use it almost every time. Works on bobcats and yotes but it's not anything you need. I think it does 2 things, gives them something to visualize when they hear a distress sound, and it gives them something to focus on so you can get on target.

This is what I do. I have a FoxJack on my Shockwave and use it to get the yotes attention away from me. I also sometimes take out the Coyote decoy and plauy love sick songs during the matting season.

MUP

MUP

Supporter
Never tried it myself, but I've heard of folks just tying a turkey feather to a limb, dangling from a string in the wind.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
MUP":33i43wfo said:
Never tried it myself, but I've heard of folks just tying a turkey feather to a limb, dangling from a string in the wind.

Back in the day that's what we used.
Had a little piece of cane about 18" long and had a fluffy feather of some kind tied to it with a piece of sewing thread.
We would just stick it up out about 30 yards out and to one side of where we were set up.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
MUP":3ek4dryc said:

Those are the ones people use for bobcats but they will sometimes work for coyotes.

slim

slim

I don't use a decoy anymore. The main reason is it's just more that I have to carry. They work great and sometimes too good because once they get focused on the decoy it can be hard to get them to stop for a shot. When I was using one all the time it was the $40 mojo spinner and it worked great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Biggun4214

Biggun4214

I know people that just used a brown teddy bear with success.