Hello from Region 3

ArcherDian

A few years ago my husband and I were fortunate enough to relocate to Tennessee from a Yankee state. Absolutely love Tennessee. 2021 managed to harvest 2 deer. 2022 was a bust, partially because of a neighbor trespassing at least twice (so he claims but once they lie I don't take his word for it). In November I developed a health issue and had surgery in December. I'll be back to working in February. So excited for 2023, will be focusing on food plot prep and continued habitat development. We did manage a small plot last fall but the radishes did not emerge.
Been hunting since 2010, really enjoy whole process from scouting to processing.
For the neighbor who thinks I wasn't smart enough to know he was walking in middle of my buck bedding areas we have Giant Arbor Vitea trees, Osage Orange trees and improved fencing.
For the new food plot will be about 2 acres in soybeans and 2 acres in alfalfa (need to soil test soon).
Thanks for having me!

Attachments

• 20221119_104909.jpg
    20221119_104909.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20221216_161330.jpg
    20221216_161330.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 28

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Welcome!

Seems you know exactly what you're doing. If you don't mind me asking, what state did you hunt in, before? I'm a 2nd-generation Tennessean, myself, born here.
But the roots go to Nebraska.

ArcherDian

Welcome!

Seems you know exactly what you're doing. If you don't mind me asking, what state did you hunt in, before? I'm a 2nd-generation Tennessean, myself, born here.
But the roots go to Nebraska.
Indiana. Northern part. Started hunting when I hit a deer with my truck. The weather here is kinder to my arthritis. Past few years here have been amazing, been out in woods even a couple times in January. I admit it was a couple dry seasons before I started seeing mountain deer on a regular basis. My neighbor (native Tennessean) across road was kind enough to give hints and tips.

Latest posts