Helix 7

TnBob

I have a 18 ft Lund made in 2004. Still has the original electronics. I'm thinking about a Helix 7 but there are several different models. I'm a little confused on which one is best. I mostly fish Center Hill and and Dale Hollow as its about the same distance to either one. Looks like there is also a newer gen 4 now. Anybody have experience with these?

JBell

Yes. I run helix depth finders. I would opt for the si+ model so you won't want for anything else. The 7 is a decent little unit. I had one on my boat until I upgraded it to 10" helix.

yesmarwh

2-Step Enabled
Don't make the mistake I made and get a non networking unit. Didn't think at the time I would use it. Now I can't hook up my helix 10 g4n with my helix 7 g3 which is not a n. It is also worth the extra money for si units as jello said. You won't be disappointed. I do love my 10 better than my 7, and the picture quality is better and the larger screen is better. I will be replacing my 7 with another 10.

TnBob

Don't make the mistake I made and get a non networking unit. Didn't think at the time I would use it. Now I can't hook up my helix 10 g4n with my helix 7 g3 which is not a n. It is also worth the extra money for si units as jello said. You won't be disappointed. I do love my 10 better than my 7, and the picture quality is better and the larger screen is better. I will be replacing my 7 with another 10.
Well, that cleared up one thing. I didn't now the "N" was for networking. Lol

Latest posts