Heisman Chances WK 2

baddnole

5. Leonard Fournette | RB | Soph. | LSU
Week 2 Stats: 28 carries, 159 yards, 3 TDs in 21-19 win over Mississippi State
Season Stats: 28 carries, 159 yards (5.7 YPC), 3 TDs
Summary: With the cancellation of LSU's first game, Fournette had to wait an extra week to get to work and he did not disappoint against Mississippi State. The sophomore back was given a heavy workload in his first game of the season, posting career-high marks across the board with 28 carries, 159 yards, and 3 TDs. He provided all of the scoring for the Tigers, including two TDs in the first quarter to give LSU an early 14-0 lead and another in the third which proved to be the difference-maker.

4. Chad Kelly | QB | Jr. | Ole Miss
Week 2 Stats: 20-of-25 passing, 346 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 5 carries, 26 yards, 1 TD in 73-21 win over Fresno State
Season Stats: 29-of-40 passing (72.5 percent), 557 yards (13.9 YPA), 6 TDs, 1 INT, 6 carries, 46 yards, 2 TDs
Summary: After a fine performance in his Ole Miss debut last week, Kelly kicked it up a notch in week two. In the first half against Fresno State, Kelly was 17-of-21 passing for 299 yards and 4 TDs, with 30 yards and another score on the ground. Through two weeks, he leads the nation in pass efficiency (234.0) by a healthy margin. Next week, Kelly will face a much stiffer test as he leads the Rebels into Tuscaloosa to take on No. 2 Alabama.

3. Derrick Henry | RB | Jr. | Alabama
Week 2 Stats: 18 carries, 96 yards, 3 TDs in 35-17 win over Middle Tennessee
Season Stats: 31 carries, 243 yards (7.8 YPC), 6 TDs, 2 receptions, 12 yards
Summary: Henry wasn't quite as spectacular against Middle Tennessee as he was in the season-opener, but he did manage his second consecutive three-score outing. He had TDs runs of 1 and 2 yards in the second quarter, followed by a 28-yard score in the third to cap off his night. Through two games, Henry already has 6 rushing TDs, more than half the number he had all last season (11). He'll look to add to that next week when Alabama goes up against the stout Ole Miss defense.

2. Cody Kessler | QB | Sr. | USC
Week 2 Stats: 26-of-31 passing, 410 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT in 59-9 win over Idaho
Season Stats: 45-of-57 passing (78.9 percent), 646 yards (11.4 YPA), 7 TDs, 0 INT
Summary: Coming off an incredibly efficient junior season, Kessler has looked as good as ever two games into his season year. In less than three quarters of action against the Vandals, the senior completed 83.9 percent of his passes and averaged north of 13 yards per attempt, throwing for three TDs. Kessler currently has the nation's second-highest passer rating (214.7), but the competition picks up next week as Stanford comes to town for the Trojans' conference-opener.

1. Dalvin Cook | RB | Soph. | Florida State
Week 2 Stats: 30 carries, 266 yards, 3 TDs in 34-14 win over South Florida
Season Stats: 49 carries, 422 yards (8.6 YPC), 5 TDs, 1 reception, 13 yards
Summary: With Florida State struggling to get things going offensively, Cook was there to save the day. He got the scoring started with a 74-yard TD run in the first quarter, then added two more in the second half from 24 and 37 yards out to help the Seminoles pull away from USF. With a career-high 266 rushing yards on the day, Cook accounted for just over 60 percent of FSU's offensive production. His 422 rushing yards on the season ranks 2nd nationally.

It's only week # 2

Mudbone

Yep, dalvin cook is a great football player, but an even better person. Seems like a great kid. It's hard not to pull for a guy with such great character and morals even if your not a Seminole fan.
The bucs may end up with the first pick of the nfl draft and be able to reunite dalvin with his friend jameis. Man what a duo that would be!!

gator-n-buck

Mudbone":299frfh7 said:
Yep, dalvin cook is a great football player, but an even better person. Seems like a great kid. It's hard not to pull for a guy with such great character and morals even if your not a Seminole fan.
The bucs may end up with the first pick of the nfl draft and be able to reunite dalvin with his friend jameis. Man what a duo that would be!!

We have a winner.... :)

baddnole

Mudbone":351tfxdu said:
Wouldn't that be something.Still has this year and next. Maybe-------Tenn Titans? How great would that be. :tu:

Mudbone

baddnole":3jlaxqh3 said:
Mudbone":3jlaxqh3 said:
Wouldn't that be something.Still has this year and next. Maybe-------Tenn Titans? How great would that be. :tu:
It would definitely improve the play of the team. I know of a few fans that wouldn't want him.
He's a beast.

TeamMainStreet

I was listening to WNML on my way home today and some guy called in talking about Derrick Henry. I knew he was a beast of a running back but I didn't know he held the high school record for rushing yards. I don't remember the exact number but it was well over 12,000 yards in HS. Something else he mentioned that I thought was interesting about him was the story behind his jersey number change this year. I found an article about it and this is what he had to say about it.

"That was my high school number, but the fact that I wear No. 2 is I do it for God and my family," said Henry, who wore No. 27 his freshman and sophomore year at Alabama. "Those are the two reasons I play football. That's really important to me. That's the reason I wear No. 2."

baddnole

TeamMainStreet":2o2wyrfu said:
I was listening to WNML on my way home today and some guy called in talking about Derrick Henry. I knew he was a beast of a running back but I didn't know he held the high school record for rushing yards. I don't remember the exact number but it was well over 12,000 yards in HS. Something else he mentioned that I thought was interesting about him was the story behind his jersey number change this year. I found an article about it and this is what he had to say about it.

"That was my high school number, but the fact that I wear No. 2 is I do it for God and my family," said Henry, who wore No. 27 his freshman and sophomore year at Alabama. "Those are the two reasons I play football. That's really important to me. That's the reason I wear No. 2."

This kid is a monster.Great speed and vision. Could very well win a Heisman.

mtn cur

Come on man! Texas state played prairie view.

South fla played fla a&m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baddnole

mtn cur":h6ggjrmp said:
Come on man! Texas state played prairie view.

South fla played fla a&m

Based on team Defensive stats
Georgia and Chubb played #58 Vandy
and #61 Louisiana Monroe

Alabama and Henry played #55 Wisconsin
#85 Middle Tenn

I just gave the stats for week # 2 is all. Stats and leaders will change every week,as you know, and there are at least 3 different poles ,with different leaders. It is way to early. Didn't say this is the way it will turn out.

mtn cur

Ya I know. You just happen to post it and gloat over the one with your guy.

Again, when will he run against a team with a pulse? Ga tech?

Latest posts