Heat

Rakkin6

Went out this afternoon and made it about two hours before I had to call it a day. Think I am going to hold off until this heat passes, is anyone else holding out until it breaks also or am I just being weak lol?

Rakkin6

Yeah man y the time I got to my tree i had completely sweated through my shirt and pants. It wasn't bad out in the open had a really good breeze, but once I got into the woods it was stagnant.

fairchaser

I think it was cooler for the August velvet hunt than what is forecasted for the bow opener. I'm just gonna have to wait it out and not get too anxious. There is plenty of season. Usually the second week of October, it starts feeling right.

Daniel90

I'm pretty pumped for bow season. However I'm waiting until it cools off at least 20 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UTGrad

In years past I'm flat giddy about getting in the woods at this point. Here we are less than a week from opening day and it might as well be July. Hopefully the heat will break the first 2 weeks of October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

Well some good news, they are calling for thunderstorms today here in Clarksville. Not gonna help the heat but we definitely could use some rain no matter how much.

Big Pop

Ready for the 70's to be here. If you don't make quick recovery and get it cooled down it's ruined at these temperatures.

JeepKuntry

Projected high is 91 for Saturday. But I will be out there for a morning hunt. I am hunting a stand that is a 5 minute or less walk from where I park my 4wheeler.

swd

I don't care what the temp is; I have to get out there! Only things that will keep me out is crazy high winds or lightning.

FTG-05

Two words: Chiggers.

Did the Black Warrior Special Hog Hunt in Sept a couple years ago. Massive mistake. I fought those dang chigger bites for at least a week. :bash:

catman529

I've been hunting since the 14th and have gotten used to the heat. On those afternoon sits I just have to embrace the sweat... lol. Deer movement has been great, so that keeps me going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catman529

FTG-05":2q7h66zs said:
Two words: Chiggers.

Did the Black Warrior Special Hog Hunt in Sept a couple years ago. Massive mistake. I fought those dang chigger bites for at least a week. :bash:
Three words: Permethrin. Ain't had a chigger or tick on me in weeks and I've been in the woods about every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts