HEAT!!!!

huntncoach

Went to work at the lease today and it got HOT! Had to remove a tree from the road before doing any work on fields, etc. I sure hope September brings some cooler temps. On the positive side, we did see a couple of deer and plenty of sign. Got all three fields mowed and moved a stand and began work on a new ground blind. Hope it all pays off later!

catman529

I love the pre season sweat, the heat sucks but it's time well spent getting ready for those cool mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realtree

Worst time to be in the woods but makes hunting a lot better when the preparation is done! I'm going this coming weekend to do some cleaning up and spraying at a lease. Gonna be fun

huntncoach

We didn't get all our "chores" done this weekend, so we plan to go back a couple more times before the season begins. Still have a ground blind to complete and three stands to hang and then the trimming of lanes at all of our stand sites. A lot to do it seems, but it will all come together. Stay cool out there guys!

gatodoc

Went last Wed. to do a little work. Got 3 stands to move and some trimming, but I'm going to wait for a break in temps before going back out. Getting too old for this heat or getting smarter. Not sure which.

mattmillard510

As a city carrier for USPS I feel your pain. The heat has been unreal this year for June/July. It's already been August for two months it feels like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLTENNHUNTER1

Vermin93":2wnqfgwb said:
I hate the heat, especially during deer season.

Join my new anti-climate change group - "Hunters Against Warm Deer Seasons"

Or you can join my group: H.A.L.F.S. - Hunters Against LiBeRaL Fraudulent Scams

We already give them H.A.L.F. our money to redistribute to the gimmedats, why give them more?

huntncoach

gatodoc":2r81f76i said:
Went last Wed. to do a little work. Got 3 stands to move and some trimming, but I'm going to wait for a break in temps before going back out. Getting too old for this heat or getting smarter. Not sure which.

I think it's age - lol. I know I don't do as well in the heat as i used to. Maybe some of that is also acclimation to a/c. Regardless, the work must be done and the season is just around the corner. We still have LOTS to do before archery opens. We have planned to work a couple more weekends, but still may not get it all done.

Latest posts