HE SURVIVED!

SJS

I posted back in November that this deer was shot by my neighbors grandson on youth weekend. Not sure if it would make it through deer season, let alone survive. Surprise! Crazy!

Attachments

• 00000044.jpeg
    00000044.jpeg
    421.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 00000043.jpeg
    00000043.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 14

Ski

Unbelievable how tough they are.

Sure is. Many deer have quickly died from that shot but that one just decided not to. Kid made a good shot and certainly hit at least one lung. Penetration is the only thing that might have been lacking but no doubt the arrow has backed out some. Tough lesson in the realities of bow hunting.

CrossVolle

That is insane.

The exact aiming point most of us would've used unless he was broad side and it deflected.

backyardtndeer

Have to agree with Sasquatchboogie, unless that arrow falls out, I think it's very unlikely he survives the summer. Flies are already out here, noticed a few around the cows.

Crazy how tough a deer can be.

Bgoodman30

Neighbors grandson probably using an underpowered bow to stick a stick in a deer... Sad..

megalomaniac

That deer is gonna be just fine. He will never reach antler potential, but he will be around next year.

2 months after the shot and only 30lbs underweight.... not gonna be a problem. Arrow didn't drop a lung, maybe didn't even penetrate through chest. He will eventually pull or break off the arrow.and be around next fall.

Latest posts