Has NASCAR taken a step back?

TheAirMan

Wasn't it or isn't it still susposed to be the fastest growing sport in the country. All of the recent races have been on cable and I don't know when the next one will be on regular tv. The thing is its not just any old race that I'm talking about. The Pepsi 400 and the Brickyard. Also the thing is its not like there are a lot of sporting events going on right now for it to compete with but its still on cable. What do you think?

farmin68

Losing Dale Earnhardt in 2001 was a huge blow to NASCAR in many ways.

How big was Dale Sr? One year at Talladega, prolly halfway through the race, he crashed out. As soon as the spectators knew that the #3 was done for the day, HALF of them left!

Since 2001, the loss of Dale has probably cost NASCAR over a [font:Arial Black]billion [/font]dollars.

The France family has made some stupid decisions, but losing Dale was the biggest hit NASCAR has taken.

NCST8GUY

Actually,
Nascar's ratings and popularity increased since Dale Sr passed. The TV contract was the highest ever. The declines started around 2004, but were very minor compared to the other major league sports, but still declines. But everything that grows hits a peak. I think they've hit theirs. I feel instead of trying to grow at that same crazy rate, they should focus on keeping its current crowd (cause we ain't all that thrilled) and push for a slow steady growth.

But they ain't that bright, gotta have it all and right now is their philosophy.

BigAl

NCST8GUY said:
I feel instead of trying to grow at that same crazy rate, they should focus on keeping its current crowd (cause we ain't all that thrilled) and push for a slow steady growth.

But they ain't that bright, gotta have it all and right now is their philosophy.
Now that sounds like a plan.

Radar

NCST8GUY said:
Actually,
Nascar's ratings and popularity increased since Dale Sr passed. The TV contract was the highest ever. The declines started around 2004, but were very minor compared to the other major league sports, but still declines. But everything that grows hits a peak. I think they've hit theirs. I feel instead of trying to grow at that same crazy rate, they should focus on keeping its current crowd (cause we ain't all that thrilled) and push for a slow steady growth.

Ditto .

NICHOLS3

Radar said:
NCST8GUY said:
Actually,

I ditto the ditto's

Latest posts