Harvest numbers up

outdoors crazy

Seeing that the numbers were up this year got me to thinking. I have heard from people on here..as well as my family's experience..that this year was not very good. Could it be that the total number of hunters is GROWING making up for the not so good season of some hunters?

stik

outdoors crazy said:
Seeing that the numbers were up this year got me to thinking. I have heard from people on here..as well as my family's experience..that this year was not very good. Could it be that the total number of hunters is GROWING making up for the not so good season of some hunters?

this was the best year we have ever had. hunter numbers are stable at best, declining in reality.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I think that the harvest was spotty, i.e. very good in some areas, which made up for the down year in other areas. Also, results on this forum are by no means a scientifically accurate cross-section of statewide hunter success or herd health, as there are many areas that are not represented (either through no members, or lack of member participation), although they can be somewhat useful in guaging certain areas.

My .02

WRbowhunter

that's deer hunting. sometimes luck has a lot to do with a good year or not. If your in the right place at the right time on a certain day it can turn a bad year to a great year. But overall the numbers indicate that TN had a very good year.

Latest posts