Halford Lake Wednesday

agelessssone

Started fishing 6:30 AM, no fish shallow, everything caught 15+ FOW except for one.
We threw creature baits, swim baits, spinner baits, wacky rigged worms, deep diving jerk baits, whopper poppers, buzzbaits, Texas rigged worms, Carolina rigged worms, jigs with trailers.
No one bait outfished the rest,
We would catch one fish here and another over there.
Don't believe we caught two fish at any one spot.
Caught one shellcracker on a creature bait, she was full of eggs.
And like I said, we used every bait you mentioned plus a bunch of others.
Only one fish was caught in less than 15 FOW. And that was the last fish of the day, caught on a creature bait in 5 FOW..
But, I never have much luck fishing a northeast wind and the Solunar tables only called for a 15% good day.
Well give it another go when the weather conditions are a little more in our favor.
IT WAS FREAKIN HOT WHEN THAT 2 MPH wind died!!
Wound up with one

agelessssone

I've decided I'm going to use my Humminbird Helix 12 g2n to map the lake with Autochart.
I'll just spend part of a day just dedicated to mapping the areas I'm interested in fishing
Once done, I should be able to transfer it to an SD card.
Where did you get a typo map card for the lake?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I've decided I'm going to use my Humminbird Helix 12 g2n to map the lake with Autochart.
I'll just spend part of a day just dedicated to mapping the areas I'm interested in fishing
Once done, I should be able to transfer it to an SD card.
Where did you get a typo map card for the lake?
A guy on Facebook. I will track him down if you want me to.

agelessssone

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.
I've got a feeling if a guy hit that lake in the spring when the buck bass are in shallow making beds, they should be easy picking.
What bait do you use for the bream and did you target certain areas?
We saw some brushpiles and what looked like crappie sets in the cove to the right of the dam.
I don't like crappie but do like shellcracker and bluegills.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Thanks, I'd appreciate it.
I've got a feeling if a guy hit that lake in the spring when the buck bass are in shallow making beds, they should be easy picking.
What bait do you use for the bream and did you target certain areas?
We saw some brushpiles and what looked like crappie sets in the cove to the right of the dam.
I don't like crappie but do like shellcracker and bluegills.
I will.
I use crickets when I am serious about putting bream in the boat.
Shellcracker I use red worms but I honestly don't target them that often as I don't like fishing that slow.
I don't bream fish there very often but when I do it's fish attractors and in the small coves about 5' deep and beat the bank for them like I do bass.
Berkeley gulp 1" minnow is my go to artificial.

agelessssone

I will.
I use crickets when I am serious about putting bream in the boat.
Shellcracker I use red worms but I honestly don't target them that often as I don't like fishing that slow.
I don't bream fish there very often but when I do it's fish attractors and in the small coves about 5' deep and beat the bank for them like I do bass.
Berkeley gulp 1" minnow is my go to artificial.
We started to map portions of the lake but my buddy's Autochart quit working after about 20 minutes.
If I chart it, I'm just going to dedicate a couple hours to just charting some of the interesting looking points and coves.
I've got Livescope so I can be watching as I map.
I figure mapping should be good at 5 mph.
If you want to meet up someday, just holler!
My website is nashvillefishingguides.com. We can jump on Priest and catch some hybrids.