hair tested the 150 gr sgk

Rockhound

I was a bit concerned about this bullet not expanding, out of my 270.

Finally done a hair test yesterday, wish I had taken pics.

Me and a buddy was walking some growed up hollers on his farm on a fill the freezer mission for his family. A deer stood up about 60 yards away and I knelt down and took the shot. Bam. Flop. I was thinking BIG doe the whole time. It turned out to be a buck with both horns broken off below the peds. We made it up the hill where the deer was and I found the entrance barely clipping the front right shoulder, when I flipped the deer over the exit hole was about the size of a nickle. I thought well that aint to good.

When i proceeded to gut the deer i cut the diaphram and blood flowed everywhere, i couldnt even find more thsn a quarter size piece of the heart, i washed the deer out and looked inside and it had blown a hole about the size of two golfballs right above the left shoulder.

So not to shabby for a heavy bullet but im gonna shoot a couple more before i decide to keep shooting these.

TeamMainStreet

A friend shot a buck Sun evening with a game king out of a 30-06 about 40 yds. Punched through both shoulders and it was DRT.

jeff ll

I use Nosler 150gr B-tip Hogdon 4831 my buddy uses 130 Nosler B-tip and Reloader 22. Only problem I've had is 20 yds. Bullet punched through and didn't expand but it didn't hit any bones went through ribs without touching a bone. Know couple of friends that use 140"s and have good luck with them to.

Latest posts