Gun Safe?

Model70Man

I just got my bonus check and have some money to burn. I need a new gun safe. I'm wanting one that will hold around 36 rifles/shotguns with additional storage for pistols, ammo, and other valuables. I don't want to spend over $1000.00. Do you have any recommendations and special features I should look for when I look for one? I do know the one that I get is going to be fireproof.

Tiny

I think if I was getting one,I would rather have the long gun rack running around and down the center rather than acroos in rows.I believe you would have more room to get them in and out esp with scopes.

You likely already know but when looking compare the side wall and door skin thickness,the thicker the better.

Sako

Dude... Get as big as one as you can... They have a tendency to fill up fast... :) and just becasue it is a "32" gun safe when you factor in scope on the guns you will be hard pressed to get that many in there with out bumping everything in the safe...

Also, do not forget that you can write off the cost of the safe on your taxes in the same manner that you write off the cost of your safety deposit box... The requirement is that you keep money in the safe... But there is no requirement as to how much..... so $1 will do....

I had a liberty and like it but sold it when I upgraded to a Champion which I like alot....

i bought the Champion from the old Outdoor Sports on Western Ave.... I am not sure if the new store that is there carrys them or not but it is worth a try...

Also remember to ask how much delivery is.... it varies alot.... The people with Champion were VERY cheap on delivery and well worth the price....

mr.big

I doubt you`ll find a good safe that big for 1000$$,,,it will take a monster safe to hold the amount of stuff your talkin about..

ewc

Try Randy @ Southern Security in Kingston at:

http://safes4guns.com/home.nxg

I've bought 3 from him. One for my office and 2 for the house.

I'd buy another from him in a heartbeat if I had the room.

Liberty may be a good brand, but their dealership in Knoxville at Lovell Road is run by a crook - deal with them with care.

Buy the biggest safe you can afford, as it fills faster than one would think.

W C

Back in October I was in the market for all the gunsafe that $1000 would buy. Here's what I bought at Tractor Supply for $1048 out the door.....

http://www.rhinosafe.com/bh6039.htm

To get a safe this same size with 10 gauge(1/8")steel AND top and bottom door bolts by any other mfg I was gonna have to pay twice as much. And I'm not as concerned with fire rating as I am methhead deterrent. When the inside of a safe reaches 350 degrees my guns and pretty much everything in there is ruined. On the other hand if it's strong enough to give a thug a difficult time I figure he just might give up and go elsewhere....unless I'm lucky enough to catch him in the act and then y'all won't have to be worried about him stealing your stuff.

Tiny

Sako said:
i bought the Champion from the old Outdoor Sports on Western Ave.... I am not sure if the new store that is there carrys them or not but it is worth a try...

They still have them,don't know if they will keep selling safes ,seeing as there re-organizeing again.

BTW it is J.Floyds on Merchants. ;)

Latest posts