Gun pointed at youth!

backyardtndeer

Guess I am going to have to pay better attention to the pics of kids. I been more focused at looking at the smiles on their faces and hadn't noticed seeing this. But good reminder for sure.

Spurhunter

Guess I am going to have to pay better attention to the pics of kids. I been more focused at looking at the smiles on their faces and hadn't noticed seeing this. But good reminder for sure.
When gun safety is drilled into you as a kid you can't not see it. It jumps out at you.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
Fellow hunters ! In two different youth hunt photos now I have seen gun pointed at the youth hunter in posing picture!!! Please teach kids the proper way and point it away from them! I know…well it's unloaded but many unloaded guns have killed people!!! Respect them guns please!!!!
Amen!

UTGrad

We discussed this very potential safety issue when my son was posing with his buck. I told him to get down and then I handed him the rifle and told him the muzzle points straight up in the air away from us.

Attachments

• 9AC76D85-5A38-4E43-95ED-1135FAE6FA5A.jpeg
    9AC76D85-5A38-4E43-95ED-1135FAE6FA5A.jpeg
    591.7 KB · Views: 63

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Interesting that you mention this, as I had the same conversation with my son when we took pics of his deer. I told him verify empty, bolt open, muzzle pointed in a safe direction. A lot of "accidents" happen when the initial focus of the excitement is over, but the work starts. People get distracted and start doing things that they aren't thinking about… muzzle waving, photos with no thoughts about muzzle direction, not thinking about where their booger hook is in reference to the go button, etc

Big Jeremy

It happens over and over again every year. Hopefully folks will start realizing that even if it doesn't present danger in it's current state, that the optics of it aren't good. Someone may see it, think it's normal, and do that with a loaded gun...

Latest posts