• Help Support TNDeer:

Guided hunt recommendations

buckhunter66

I’m interested in any personal recommendations for a semi guided deer hunt this fall, bow or muzzy would be my preference, some place in the Midwest, thanks

Nsghunter

I have no experience so I should keep quiet, but I would vote for Missouri. I don't know any guides. I've hear the tags are a little easier and the right areas still has the strain of larger deer that Iowa and all have. Also, I do know there is a more productive part of Missouri, I believe its the northwestern region.

I guarantee someone here will chime in.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

AT Hiker

Although I’ve never hunted whitetails in the “Western“ states, I would take a serious look at a outfitted hunt there. Driving through you will see hundreds of whitetails on private property, some dandy ones too.
I suspect it would be a high success type of archery hunt. The Tag system is a bit more complicated but easy to figure out, especially if your outfitter is legit.

TheOnlyBandThatMatters

Missouri is great because you don't have to worry about drawing a tag.
Used to hunt a BIL’s farm in north central MO. Great hunting and a great time. But as I recall, muzzleloader season was late (mid December). Had archery and then two weeks of rifle starting mid-November, followed by a doe only season first two weeks of December (which was a slaughter) and then concluded with muzzie.

buckhunter66

Sounds like Missouri bow hunting would be a good plan, I’ve found bowsite.com and it has guides services recommendations

Nsghunter

Although I’ve never hunted whitetails in the “Western“ states, I would take a serious look at a outfitted hunt there. Driving through you will see hundreds of whitetails on private property, some dandy ones too.
I suspect it would be a high success type of archery hunt. The Tag system is a bit more complicated but easy to figure out, especially if your outfitter is legit.
This guy has definetley put his time on out west.

Nsghunter

Sounds like Missouri bow hunting would be a good plan, I’ve found bowsite.com and it has guides services recommendations
I was planning on going to a big outdoor show this year in Pennsylvania, they say these types of shows are great venues to get plugged in with outfitters. I would say that most shows will be canceled this year but if you could find a nice outdoor show you might be able to meet with an outfitter.

Latest posts