Grundy county bear

Vermin93

Not too thrilled about this new resident. First bear we have seen on our lease. He is pushing over large autumn olive bushes to get the red berries on top, dropping a deuce around some of my stands, and knocking my Trophy Rocks off stumps. Got a couple pics of deer freaking out when they picked up his scent.

How much do you think this bear weighs? Also, how likely is he to make this area his new home? We are hoping he moves on or goes back to wherever he came from.

06f57bc5e4727850464b65b246bdcdbb.jpg

8e313e46fd6aacc3bc73ddf68de61eb0.jpg

ROVERBOY

A fiend of mine has hunted in Sevier County a few years and he told me once that they tend to move around a lot. Especially boars. This may be a boar.

Vermin93

UTgodevil23":38wp6oes said:
I would love to shoot a bear like that someday!

Same here, but not only is Grundy county not in a bear hunt zone, it's not even listed as a county inhabited by bears. There is extreme drought underway in the SE corner of TN. I wonder if that is pushing bears west for food.

LYR2021

Same here, but not only is Grundy county not in a bear hunt zone, it's not even listed as a county inhabited by bears. There is extreme drought underway in the SE corner of TN. I wonder if that is pushing bears west for food.
Actually, Grundy is part of the transitional zone. According to TWRA regs, we have a chance to harvest during archery only for deer, or we did this season. Mind if I ask what area in Grundy?

rodeojoe

Black bears can live 30 years in the wild.
I have seen 2 really old bears that have been killed while I was on hunts in Canada.
One would not make it through that winter. Skin and bones, very few teeth, and lots of gray hair.
Both had very little fur covering their faces.
The other was still relatively healthy, except for a bullet hole. Lots of grey and little fur on face.
Would be nice to have known their ages.
I do have an older bear skull of a bear I took on Vancouver Island.
It still has both aging teeth in it. 19 7/16 skull, my best Bear.

Latest posts