Growing Peppers

Dodge Man

Anybody got any tricks to tips for growing peppers? I have done ok with jalape�os the last few years but I can't get my bell peppers to produce as well. This year I also added some anaheim and habaneros.

TAFKAP

I've never heard of anyone that had any distinct success with bell peppers. They seem to be very tempermental. You're lucky to get one the size of a small tomato.

I was taught to always plant a folded-back cardboard book of matches sulfur-head first into the dirt at the bottom of your pepper plant. Not sure about any of the science with it, but apparently hot peppers love the sulfur.

Wobblyshot1

I don't fool with bell peppers but on the others that I do grow, I've had good results using bonemeal. Sprinkle some around each plant every 2-4 weeks during the growing season.

WRbowhunter

last year was the first year that I had good success with Bell peppers during the summer. the other years seemed like if the plants survived the summer they would not produce until late September and October.

catman529

I grew bells once, production was OK, but not as prolific as the hot peppers. Hot peppers are low maintenance.

Sako

Had a great year with peppers last year..... Mine always seem to do later in the summer. August-september

gil1

Sako said:
Had a great year with peppers last year..... Mine always seem to do later in the summer. August-september

I agree. I accidentally planted the squash a little too close to the bell peppers last year, and they got completely overrun by them. When the squash died out, I cut it back, and the peppers started growing like crazy. It was way late in the season.

Latest posts