Grouse?

Biggun4214

IMG_0611.jpeg

Gotta look close

woodyard

I know that it is not East TN , but I flushed 3 on a little farm around the Canton area in NC a few years ago. I wasn't hunting but looking the property over. On a mountainside that was covered in blackberry and other thick stuff. Surprised the heck out of me to see them there. Only ones I have ever seen.

Wooden Arrow

always see grouse in Shady Valley area of Cherokee. it's tough walking if you actually get off of the logging roads though. these grouse are a young mans game, or an old man that wouldn't mind dying in a beautiful place...:cool:

7mm08

An ATV and an H&R Topper .410 will kill more grouse in TN than two $10k English Setters can produce for you. Coyotes , raccoons, hawks and yes environmentalists have hurt grouse hunting in TN.

Soft Talker

An ATV and an H&R Topper .410 will kill more grouse in TN than two $10k English Setters can produce for you. Coyotes , raccoons, hawks and yes environmentalists have hurt grouse hunting in TN.
In Northern Maine, they call them partridge if they are shot on the ground, and grouse if they are shot in the air. Most are definitely shot from the road as "partridge". I will admit, hunting up there 4 different times in my youth, I killed the piss out of them with a Win model 42 410. Most were "partridge":p

4Low

In Northern Maine, they call them partridge if they are shot on the ground, and grouse if they are shot in the air. Most are definitely shot from the road as "partridge". I will admit, hunting up there 4 different times in my youth, I killed the piss out of them with a Win model 42 410. Most were "partridge":p
They call em just partridge in Michigan and Wisconsin and won't hesitate to correct ya when you call em grouse 😆

Latest posts