Grouse

Ruff Hunter

I've been a few times and moved a few grouse. Leaves are still thick and I've found a few ticks. Hopefully the weather will change and I mean in a big way. Creeks are dry but hey what are we gonna do...... Set on the couch???..... We will see how November starts shaking out....

Ruff Hunter

The grouse population in East Tn is nothing to brag about but I've been hunting them since I was a kid (46 now ) so I will keep going. As far as this season is concerned there won't be any answer on the population til January and then I will have an idea of how they are. There are LOTS of acorns so that will bode well going into the spring for the most beautiful thing the good Lord ever created ( well next to a setter )

psubuzz

I kicked up a few(3 birds) 2 weekends ago when I was hiking out from bow hunting

rhinoblake

I have not got to go out yet this year. Hoping for positive results closer to Jan and Feb. Agree with Ruff the acorn crop this year can only help. I have a new pup this year and would love him to get a nose full of scent.