Group expectations?

DWB

What groups should I expect from a average crossbow at 40 yards?

Forvols

Not sure about your xbow and scope. But I have an Excalibur Matrix 355 with a Hawke scope and at 40yrds in I dont shoot at the same bullseye after the first shot. I have pegged a couple of arrow or bolts (if you choose). I have mine zeroed in 10yrds out to 60, but where I hunt realistic shots are 10-40yrds, most shots have been at 20-25 yrds.

ETA: Grouping with my xbow is an inch or better at 40yrds off a bench. Since I use a primo shooting stick I usually shoot off that for practice. I still dont shoot the same bull after the first shot.

Widowmaker

Forvols":377coqrh said:
Not sure about your xbow and scope. But I have an Excalibur Matrix 355 with a Hawke scope and at 40yrds in I dont shoot at the same bullseye after the first shot. I have pegged a couple of arrow or bolts (if you choose). I have mine zeroed in 10yrds out to 60, but where I hunt realistic shots are 10-40yrds, most shots have been at 20-25 yrds.

ETA: Grouping with my xbow is an inch or better at 40yrds off a bench. Since I use a primo shooting stick I usually shoot off that for practice. I still dont shoot the same bull after the first shot.

Ditto on not shooting same bull twice. Replacing bolts and fletchings gets old. I shoot a PSE Fang and it shoots 1" or better at 40 yards also. That should be status quo. If you're getting fliers or sporadic grouping you might have to change up what arrow weight, etc.

DWB

Ok that is what I'm hoping for. I havent really shot mine a whole lot. I cant even remember what the name of it . What weight of arrows and should I shoot and what brand is the best?

Widowmaker

When you figure out the brand and model number you can look up the manufacturer's recommendation. They usually have a minimum weight arrow to use.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I use the less expensive carbon arrows from Wal-Mart on my old crossbow but the Matrix uses the shorter "quills" so have to use those.

Latest posts